Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So now Wells Fargo adding these benefits

tag
SPChaser
Established Contributor

So now Wells Fargo adding these benefits

0F1C79AB-FB81-40C0-92E8-E26ADA30FD5B.jpeg

Just received the email today, Wells Fargo adding these benefits to my platinum card I've had for years. Also got the upgrade option, but then I feel I'd be loosing too much to simply gain a 2% cash back card with AOD already in the wallet. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So now Wells Fargo adding these benefits

Is Wells Fargo adding the benefits to your Platinum card, or upgrading you to a Signature? Wasn't aware that issuers could extend the 'core' VS benefits (the VS concierge and the luxury hotel collection) to non-VS cardholders.

Relatedly, if WF is offering to upgrade you to the Active Cash... why not accept? Presumably you'd keep your account history? Would accepting the upgrade require taking a new HP (I hope/assume not)?

Message 2 of 5
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Anonymous they're offering it to my platinum card without upgrade, and I was thinking the same, how could they offer these benefits be offered if the card isn't a VS card. My platinum does have a CL greater than 5K but it has never been considered a VS card by Wells Fargo. I'm choosing not to upgrade becuase I would loose travel accident insurance and auto rental collision coverage. Getting 2% cash back isn't worth it to loose those. 

Message 3 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

An upgrade from a Visa Platinum to a Visa Signature is normally an automatic process performed by the issuer at their discretion without soliciting input from the cardholder.   You might want to either log in online (look at the Visa logo used on your last statement) or contact a CSR to check on how your card may be currently characterized.

The issuers have business incentive to upgrade the class of card because they collect a bigger swipe fee if the card used is a Visa Signature than a Visa Platinum.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 5
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Thanks @coldfusion 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.