cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So now the Plenti card has bonus categories...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So now the Plenti card has bonus categories...

amex is adding retailers by the week. it'll be pretty big one day... just not.... yet. lol.

and "foot in the door" is kind of irrelevant. just because you get an amex doesn't mean you'll get any amex you want afterwards just because you have a "foot in the door" with them if your profile doesn't support it. they're still pretty set on underwriting guidelines. it's not like a credit union really.
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another interesting thing is that I think Amex is trying to draw comparisons between this card and other 1-2-3 rewards structures (BOA Cash Rewards, for example). American Express even states on their website, "3,2,1 Get Ready to Earn More Plenti® Points."

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/plenti/25330?linknav=US:CCSGSmiley Tonguelenti-LM

Unfortunately, I can't imagine many people picking this card over the other similar 1-2-3 rewards cards. Plenti points, of course, are not as versatile as straight cashback. Even worse, Amex already has a 1-2-3 rewards card of sorts in the Amex BCE. Amex is simply leveraging a 1-2-3 rewards card that is strictly outclassed by another 1-2-3 card in its own portfolio that fulfills a similar role (but not nearly as well!)

Message 12 of 29
sunkissed
Established Contributor

This is an interesting development.

I currently have a promo on my Macy's Amex for 3x Plenti on gas, supermarkets, drugstores, and dining that runs through Jan 31, 2016.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ i see your point but they don't have limits like the BofA one either. and for people that love shopping it's fine
Message 14 of 29
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The credit card bubble is about to pop. Look what chase is doing.

Loud and clear...rates going up next month they say! 

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

if that's true then imagine how many AA posts are going to be on here lol
Message 16 of 29
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if that's true then imagine how many AA posts are going to be on here lol

Very true indeed. ;/

maybe that's why cap1 were throwing huge cl to get ppl to signup, they may want their $ back. 

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like my investment portfolio, my credit portfolio is extremely diversified. AA, bring it on!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

TBH if the credit cards are gonna go through what happened in 2008-2009 i will lose tons of open credit. maybe not with NFCU because they're pretty damn successful and good to their members but synchrony will likely slash me some and same with cap1. the rest idc about. don't use them anyway and i doubt discover will be too worried about the whopping $1,200 limit they gave me when i spend that monthly with them.
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
TBH if the credit cards are gonna go through what happened in 2008-2009 i will lose tons of open credit. maybe not with NFCU because they're pretty damn successful and good to their members but synchrony will likely slash me some and same with cap1. the rest idc about. don't use them anyway and i doubt discover will be too worried about the whopping $1,200 limit they gave me when i spend that monthly with them.

I must be missing something. Where is this information about these upcoming changes?

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.