Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So tempted, help! (Venture)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So tempted, help! (Venture)

So tempted to cold app for the venture.

I have 2 newer Cap1 cards (Qs1 and plat just PC'd to QS). AAoA: 5 yr. Income 130k. Scores below. The 2 cap1 cards are my first post bk7 cards (filed 7/13, Dischargef 9/14). Also AU on wife's CSP and Freedom.

Someone sway me one way or another. I'm on the fence! Hah.
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
thummel
Established Contributor

Re: So tempted, help! (Venture)

Guessing you checked the pre qual already and nothing came up?
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would be correct. However, my scores have improved quite a bit in the last two months (with AU cards and 2 cap 1 cards reporting). 

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cold app'd for Venture last week instantly approved for 15k. The scores that are in my signature. I have 1 paid collection on all 3 reports. Utilization at approval was 12%. 78,300$ income.
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arg. I am just scared of that triple pull. Maybe I should garden at least another month. 

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just do it...I was nervous too. I even got denied when I tried in December! Go for it. I'm waiting for your approval amount!!
Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

DGF's mom got a Venture for 20k and Venture1 for 10k with Fico 08's lower than that but she had a prequal showing. Keep in mind that Cap1 uses the Fico 04 scores so those could be higher or could be lower. If you're giving serious thought to it you could order the 3B report and see exaclty where you stand on those scores. Or just wait a little longer and see if the prequal comes up for you. 

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahah, donny is a bad influence. Let me see what others say. I donno how risky it is with no pre-qual

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it a card that you really want, apply for it. The worst that can happen is you get denied. On the other hand, you might get approved.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hahah, donny is a bad influence. Let me see what others say. I donno how risky it is with no pre-qual

I had nothing on pre qualifier either! I cold app'd.  Just do it! You'll get it.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.