Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So tempted, help! (Venture)

Crickets....
Message 11 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you really want it, try for it. The approval standards don't seem terribly high.
Message 12 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

it's a 50/50. I have never had luck without a prequal but there are lots on here that do. If you really want it, then apply for it. capitalone is a blackbox to me, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. 

Message 13 of 34
rebound2014
Contributor

In my experience the pre-qual has proven pretty reliable. Last month I had the pre-qual for the Venture (on a Wednesday) but due to the triple pull I wanted to hit up Amex and Chase Marriott first. So I did (Friday)... THEN I applied for the Venture (Saturday). Went pending and was denied via email on Sunday. Sole reason was inqs on EX -- we bought 2 cars last June -- one of which is actually financed through CapOne, I also got a Quicksilver at that time.

Quoted a 714 EX (roughly 50 pts lower than my FICO Bankcard 8). 

I sent an email to recon through EO on Monday explaining Inqs and how that resulted in 2 more tradeline WITH them gaining my business. EO called that Wednesday and I received a call/voice mail from UW on Monday. Missed the call but managed to confirm I was approved through CSR. Received the card the following Saturday. 

Depending on age of your current CapOne cards (and other factors, of course)... you might have a shot. If not, Recon the EO.. it was pretty simple AND effective. I don't like the 5K SL they gave me but I'm hoping to pull a decent CLI in 3 months since 10K seems to be the avg SL... if not, then I'll move my CL over from my Quicksilver and close it when it hits 1 year in June.  As they say, YMMV... Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 34
rebound2014
Contributor

Oh... I should also note that I had 13 INQ's on my EX including the Venture app.

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use my pre approvals. I have them for all three at the lowest interest rate, (which makes it VERY difficult to keep my finger off the button).

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

am i the only that thinks no? i mean you have two subprime cards? did you app straight for them or were they a prequal. income is good but what on earth does your profile look like overall (nutshell)

i mean if you have that much doubt you'll get it then follow your heart. (Mod Cut-Stop this kind of reference, no more....)

Message 17 of 34
rebound2014
Contributor

^^^^^ This.

Valid point. I overlooked the recent BK7 and scores. Just saw the 2 CapOne cards and Income then skimmed ahead  Smiley Embarassed

Isn't the Venture avg a 690+ for most approvals noted here in the forums?   (Not sure if the scores quoted in member approvals are the actual FICO 4 CapOne pulls or if they're based on their FICO 8 scores here).  Maybe go for a V1 with future PC to Venture??

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

idk the real approval scores as i have seen 660s get them and venture one is similar if not identical in underwriting criteria but, when giving advise, i wish more people had better answers than "go for it. worst they can do is say no". come on is that what'd you'd say to your kids? parents?

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

essentially that's no better than the infamous "did you app yet"
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.