cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sock Drawer some cards...anyone else?

tag
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sock Drawer some cards...anyone else?

All of my store cards (Von Maur, TJX Rewards, and NY&CO Platinum) and the USAA card are in the SD.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 11 of 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Dont mean to thread jack but this is somewhat on the subject =) I'm trying to rebuild my credit and get higher limits, should I SD most of my cards or continue to use them in the hopes it helps with CLIs down the road?

Message 12 of 19
HankNY
Valued Member

I have SD:
 Discover, .Znyc, Penfed Plati Reward (because of BT)

Using:
Freedom (gas), BCP(groceries), Cash+(phone, internet & Amazon), Salie Mae (walmart & target) & BOA better balance (toll, to get 25 reward every 3 months)

Message 13 of 19
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Can you consider a card SD if you don't carry it with you and only use it to pay bills and PIF? Woman LOL

Let's see, I have SD the following:

Victoria's Secret, Catherines, Avenue, JCP, Genisys Visa, Barclay's, DCU Visa, NFCU Visa & MC, Sears, HSN, Wally's, Amazon & SDFCU.  Actually Amazon and NFCU have a balance that I am paying down now so they will be in the SD till 2014.  

The only two that I use quite frequently now are Freedom and Discover, but if Discover doesn't give me a higher CL soon it will be SD as well.  My spending pattern is too high compared to that CL which means I would have to pay more often.  So even though I carry it I use it sparingly.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 19
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

My kays card i sock drawered once before for 8mo, and they raised my limit from $400 starting to $1100 =) so maybe some of them it would help, put them up for 6mo (PIF first) then when you get them back out to use them call and ask for a CLI??? might be worth it! tell the customer service rep you haven't used it in so long due to the low credit limit lol

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 15 of 19
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I tried to do it with Kay as well, they said I had to visit the store and take a HP

Message 16 of 19
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

My SD is quite full at the moment: 

Kay's

Macy's

Gordman's

Best Buy

Capital One

Chase Freedom

The only card's I really use are Discover for gas, and NFCU for everything else

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 17 of 19
CreditControl
Contributor

I am carrying Discover IT (gas) and will carry AMEX BCE and BOA 123 (when they arrive) just to put some initial work in on those cards then SD one of them.  I will also use AMEX Gold Delta for some upcoming travel arrangements but won't "carry it".

In the SD:

Chase Freedom

Cap 1 Venture 1 (likely forever SD)

Lane Bryant

Macys

Belk

HH Gregg

Care Credit

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 18 of 19
flgamegirl

I carry an Amex BCP and a BOA Visa. Everything else, SD.
EQ 818-823. Amex x 3; Visa x 2; MasterCard x 1; Citi x 1; Comenity x1; Chase x 1
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.