Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid or Not? That is my question

tag
MeN5
Regular Contributor

Solid or Not? That is my question

D8E2010B-2F1D-478D-B8EB-CA782F1B6AE0.jpeg

What do you guys think about these offers? I've been prequalified before and denied twice my Experian is 716  bk falling off next June and 2% utilization 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Solid or Not? That is my question

Are you already an Amex member? If so, it's usually a SP either way.

Message 2 of 13
MeN5
Regular Contributor

No I never had Amex before

Message 3 of 13
tcbofade
Super Contributor

It looks like advertising to me... I wouldn't trust it.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 13
dragontears
Senior Contributor

What were the reason you were denied before? And have those reasons changed? 

I personally cold apped for my first Amex card as there was never a preapproval for me so I am not completely sure on the exact language they use. My understanding is "pre-qualified" doesn't mean much, you want the "preapproved" verbiage instead. 

Message 5 of 13
MeN5
Regular Contributor

Ok thanks makes since it cited bk the previous times but my bk falls off in Less than a year already off Transunion and Equifax 

Message 6 of 13
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@MeN5, simple answer, "No, not even remotely solid."

I see those all of the time on all of the various credit sites which advertise (and earn money if you apply and are approved) various credit cards, however, there is no way AMEX is going to give me even their lowest tier credit card.

The fact remains, AMEX (in this case) and all of the other card offerings they push, are just recommended based upon a very high level analysis, but not anywhere detailed enough for the various underwriting arms of those companies.  If you want an AMEX, their pre-approval page gets pretty good reviews as being accurate; that's where I'd start if I were you. 

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 7 of 13
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Check out Amex prequalify page its pretty solid if you get a offer.😉

Message 8 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MeN5 wrote:

D8E2010B-2F1D-478D-B8EB-CA782F1B6AE0.jpeg

What do you guys think about these offers? I've been prequalified before and denied twice my Experian is 716  bk falling off next June and 2% utilization 

If your scores are even or higher over the past few months, it's probably fairly solid.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@MeN5, simple answer, "No, not even remotely solid."

I see those all of the time on all of the various credit sites which advertise (and earn money if you apply and are approved) various credit cards, however, there is no way AMEX is going to give me even their lowest tier credit card.

The fact remains, AMEX (in this case) and all of the other card offerings they push, are just recommended based upon a very high level analysis, but not anywhere detailed enough for the various underwriting arms of those companies.  If you want an AMEX, their pre-approval page gets pretty good reviews as being accurate; that's where I'd start if I were you. 

That is Amex page. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.