Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Discover info..

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Some Discover info..

If this keeps up, I might as well just close the card entirely if it's not ever gonna grow and get myself a Chase Freedom to replace it really and if Chase ever lets me PC my SW card to that, I'd be over the moon. I think I'd have much better luck with that. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

If this keeps up, I might as well just close the card entirely if it's not ever gonna grow and get myself a Chase Freedom to replace it really and if Chase ever lets me PC my SW card to that, I'd be over the moon. I think I'd have much better luck with that. 

FYI: 

Threatening to close your card on MyFICO is not gonna get you what you want. Threatening to close your card to your lender, might also not get you what you want. Either close it...or keep it....

#LessTalkMoreAction Smiley Very Happy 

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

#WalkTheWalk Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 24
Involver
Valued Contributor

Discover seems to be generous with people with thin files and very difficult for people with thick files and high credit lines.

I'm only keeping mine open now for the 08. A HP CLI for $500 on a card that is by far my lowest limit isn't going to cut it.
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you consider to be a High credit line?

Message 15 of 24
Berk
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

FYI: 

Threatening to close your card on MyFICO is not gonna get you what you want. Threatening to close your card to your lender, might also not get you what you want. Either close it...or keep it....

Well, the OP is, admittedly, a college sophomore...Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Berk wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

FYI: 

Well, the OP is, admittedly, a college sophomore...Smiley Wink

I'm a college student too. Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clown college?

Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Clown college?

Smiley LOL

Yep. Smiley Very Happy I'm getting my Ph.D in clowning. And at only 21 years old xD 

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Clown college?

Smiley LOL

Yep. Smiley Very Happy I'm getting my Ph.D in clowning. And at only 21 years old xD 

Congrats. You'll make a fine Dr. of Clowning.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.