Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some golden stars for American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some golden stars for American Express

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome to hear. I myself am a big Amex fan. They have treated me well, and always been helpful, even when it may have been hard to understand what the CS rep is saying. 

IMO, they have the best management portal of any CC company, especially on the business side.Tthe statement date being front and center is very helpful and thoughtful, from a UX perspective. 

Thanks for taking the time to highlight a postive experience for the forum. 

I do LOVE their chat feature.  There was a time where it was hard to find that chat bubble after logging in.  Now, it's there all the time.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some golden stars for American Express

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent in a payment to the wrong Amex card and I didn't realize it until after the next close of statement causing a interest charge which is a big mistake on my part because it's a personal endeavor of mine to never pay an interest charge outside of BT's.

I call Amex CS and they promptly told me they could move the payment over to the other card and it was very pain free and fast. I had already gotten over the mistake and accepted the large interest fee and said nothing about to the CS.

Well I logged on the other day and had a full credit amount for the interest that was charged which is pretty awesome, they didn't have to do that and I didn't even ask.

two other smaller golden stars are they have your next statement closing date right on the home page so you don't have to go tracking it down on the statement and finally they allow you to send a payment of any amount vs Capital one will only let you send a payment of your current balance plus 10% even if you have a large pending balance.

Anyway I felt like giving them a pat on the back since usually negative news/info usually gets a lot more attention

I did the same thing (basically) and had the same positive experience. AMEX has been good to me. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.