cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Son wants cash for Christmas- How to benefit from a rewards/travel card standpoint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Son wants cash for Christmas- How to benefit from a rewards/travel card standpoint

See this is why I stay quiet about non-AMEX stuff 😭 lol
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JRe: Son wants cash for Christmas- How to benefit from a rewards/travel card standpoint

^^^Genius! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you...and thank you to everyone else who responded...i will plan to utilize my grocery stores and sams club for the % off gift cards and pay with amex...knowing I will use them in the upcoming months is a no brainer.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JRe: Son wants cash for Christmas- How to benefit from a rewards/travel card standpoint

Ugh....so I guess Plastiq is out

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Son wants cash for Christmas- How to benefit from a rewards/travel card standpoint

Ahhhhhh sorry RVM!!!! Don't look at me! 😭
Message 14 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^^^Genius! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you...and thank you to everyone else who responded...i will plan to utilize my grocery stores and sams club for the % off gift cards and pay with amex...knowing I will use them in the upcoming months is a no brainer.

I just realized I misspoke. I do not believe Sams Club or Cosco takes Amex at this time. Sorry ;(

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh maybe I can redeem myself here. While Costco no longer accepts American Express, Sam's Club now does.
Message 16 of 30
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh maybe I can redeem myself here. While Costco no longer accepts American Express, Sam's Club now does.

I forgot Sams Club is accepting Amex now. Wow, I am all over the map right now, haha. 

Just to slightly redeem myself now, I shall post a photo of ALL the payment methods, haha

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 8.29.11 PM.png

Message 17 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just realized I misspoke. I do not believe Sams Club or Cosco takes Amex at this time. Sorry ;(

Sam's Club takes Amex, but Costco only takes Visa in store (although Amex might still work online?).

That being said, I do hope the OP knows if a GC would be considered acceptable for his/her son... while you can use them somewhat interchangeably, they aren't quite the same.  It would be a shame to disappoint over a trivial amount of cash back. Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sams DOES take amex. So I'll buy gift cards from there...but still wondering if there is a way to get cash back? For the son? 

*please note- I have the cash to give him the money, but if I can get points for the transaction, I am ALL for it.  Who doesn't like free airline tickets?

Message 19 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No need for redemption, Pooka... you've helped so many people on here you'll always be tops in my book.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.