Did you mean: 

Sony Capital One Card Approved

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Sony Capital One Card Approved

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Low 600's everyone says typically excellent credit requirement, but my buddy and I got approved the same day we have similar credit profile...not only that it was second Cap One card, glitch in the system and I should consider myself lucky?

I saw this thread and i really wanted a VISA credit card as all of mine are currently mastercard.. So, i just went to capital ones website, found the sony card, apped and to my amazing shock i got the "Congratulations! You're approved!" message! My Credit score is currently 629 and i was given a credit limit of 500.00. needless to say, im a VERY happy camper today! BOOYA!

Congrats!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 21 of 31
-Furbz-
Contributor

Congrats on the card, are they still running the $50 credit after the 1st use? I got a credit after buying my PS Vita last month Smiley Happy 

And hopefully Cap One wont be as stingy with the CLI on this card 

Message 22 of 31
logan_720
Established Contributor

@-Furbz- wrote:

Congrats on the card, are they still running the $50 credit after the 1st use? I got a credit after buying my PS Vita last month Smiley Happy 

What I'm wondering is if the points can act as a credit upon your account. I have roughly 11,750 points that have accrued since February, that would compliment my balance quite nicely. 

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Furbz- wrote:

Yes they are, spent 100$ on the card, all of a sudden my bill only shows $50 balance. Love it

Message 24 of 31
beb86
Valued Contributor

if only cap1 gave normal CLI like everyone else

Message 25 of 31
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@Tommy5746 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Low 600's everyone says typically excellent credit requirement, but my buddy and I got approved the same day we have similar credit profile...not only that it was second Cap One card, glitch in the system and I should consider myself lucky?

I saw this thread and i really wanted a VISA credit card as all of mine are currently mastercard.. So, i just went to capital ones website, found the sony card, apped and to my amazing shock i got the "Congratulations! You're approved!" message! My Credit score is currently 629 and i was given a credit limit of 500.00. needless to say, im a VERY happy camper today! BOOYA!

Congrats!

Thanks!!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 31
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

I myself was just approved for a Cap 1 Sony card today.  FICO TU reporting 611 today. (I have a few new accounts/18 inquiries) which brought my score down from 622)

I applied online and got the 7-10 day letter reply.  Recieved the letter, and it said they want to verify my physical addresss.  I was put on hold, and then I was told I was approved and the card can go as high as 20K CL.  I'm sure they will put me right between 300-500.00 at first.  Its 0% til next April, and no annual fee.

It hasnt been quite a year yet since I started rebuilding.  

Before last July, I had 6 years of zero/bad credit. 7 collections etc etc (very bad divorce).  I didn't pay a soul any money until last year.  Got sick of the county Sheriff showing up every 6 months with court summons from CC companies and attorneys.  (I owed over $30,000.00 in CC debt!! between about 7 accounts)  3 baddies still remain on my credit report until May of 2014.    My FICO scores at peak after last July were 622 TU, 659 EQ.   The 18 new inquiries and accounts since last July, are bringing my scores down a little, but was too be expected with acquiring all the new credit.   Just time is all I need now......

I now have 4 revolving accounts, and I am on my second auto loan.  

Orchard      

Capital One Platinum

Capital One Sony

WAL-MART store card.  

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 31
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@mtrsprt wrote:

I myself was just approved for a Cap 1 Sony card today.  FICO TU reporting 611 today. (I have a few new accounts/18 inquiries) which brought my score down from 622)

I applied online and got the 7-10 day letter reply.  Recieved the letter, and it said they want to verify my physical addresss.  I was put on hold, and then I was told I was approved and the card can go as high as 20K CL.  I'm sure they will put me right between 300-500.00 at first.  Its 0% til next April, and no annual fee.

It hasnt been quite a year yet since I started rebuilding.  

Before last July, I had 6 years of zero/bad credit. 7 collections etc etc (very bad divorce).  I didn't pay a soul any money until last year.  Got sick of the county Sheriff showing up every 6 months with court summons from CC companies and attorneys.  (I owed over $30,000.00 in CC debt!! between about 7 accounts)  3 baddies still remain on my credit report until May of 2014.    My FICO scores at peak after last July were 622 TU, 659 EQ.   The 18 new inquiries and accounts since last July, are bringing my scores down a little, but was too be expected with acquiring all the new credit.   Just time is all I need now......

I now have 4 revolving accounts, and I am on my second auto loan.  

Orchard      

Capital One Platinum

Capital One Sony

WAL-MART store card.  

Congrats! Did they tell you a limit or are they having you wait for that?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 28 of 31
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Did they tell you a limit or are they having you wait for that?

I have to wait for the documents with details.   I'm sure it won't be nothing crazy, nor do I expect it to.   I like the idea of rewards points.   I will use it for EVERYTHING, so I hope it's at least 500.00-1000.00, but probably not lol....

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 31
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I applied on 6/7/12, I figured since 2 of 3 of my reports were unlocked I would go ahead and apply. I already have 1 personal ($750) and 1 business card ($750) from Capital One, and another 2 from Orchard. I applied and got the 7 - 10 day notice. I decided to call in today to check the status and they said I was approved! 0% until May 2013, a $50 statement credit and CL is TBD. I have never been late with Capital one and 80% of the I PIF. 

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.