Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Visa card (capital one) transitioning to Comenity in November

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony Visa card (capital one) transitioning to Comenity in November

I got the letter in the mail today. Maybe with Comenity my limit will finally go higher than $750. 

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Sony Visa card (capital one) transitioning to Comenity in November

Great...that means the PlayStation will follow

Message 2 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, what? I never heard about this. When did Capital One lose the Sony card and I wonder if that means PlayStation is going too?

I guess I will end up with a Comenity card I'll actually use for more than BTs. 

Message 3 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, looks like I'll be getting my first Comenity card. Good thing I'm in the garden!

36141968-E324-4C04-B41C-FFE76CE0E386.png

Message 4 of 67
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

This is lame. I hate comenity. 

Message 5 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner They (Comenity) can grow quickly (much faster than Cap1 these days) and if your current card moves to Comenity as a Visa, you will probably get those great BT offers. #positivevibes

Message 6 of 67
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner They (Comenity) can grow quickly (much faster than Cap1 these days) and if your current card moves to Comenity as a Visa, you will probably get those great BT offers. #positivevibes

I've had comenity before. Pretty sure I'm blacklisted by them.

Message 7 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had comenity before. Pretty sure I'm blacklisted by them.

Maybe this transfer will get you off the blacklist? 

I am excited about the transfer. I have missed my PS card but I didn't want to toss an app at it with my Capital One exposure being so close to my income. I already had it at $2K that never grew so I'm going to take the transfer as a sign that I should get it again. 

Message 8 of 67
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting...I still have my PlayStation card from a LONG time ago and I haven't heard one thing from CapOne about a transition.  I actually hope the PlayStation doesn't go to Comenity because as stingy as folks think CapOne is I'd rather have them than Comenity on any level. 

Message 9 of 67
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I'm okay with this.   Maybe I'll get one of those infamous Comenity BT offers.  Or maybe the card will be useful again for me.  It's been SDed for a very long time for me.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.