Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Visa card (capital one) transitioning to Comenity in November

tag
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Sony Visa card (capital one) transitioning to Comenity in November

Congratulations on the increase!  

I'm still not able to get in 😡... they're starting to tick me off!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 61 of 67
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

FYI... I just called and spoke to someone who indicated they aware having issues with the website due to everyone trying to access it... " it should be resolved in 24 hours " and to try back then.

the phone automated system did have all my information so was comforted by that a

though  the available balance was 20 bucks higher than the last Cap1 checkin so not sure what is up with that.

also tried for cli over the phone and was shot down 😩

06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Message 62 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@designated_knitter wrote:

FYI... I just called and spoke to someone who indicated they aware having issues with the website due to everyone trying to access it... " it should be resolved in 24 hours " and to try back then.

the phone automated system did have all my information so was comforted by that a

though  the available balance was 20 bucks higher than the last Cap1 checkin so not sure what is up with that.

Slight change with the interest rate maybe? Who knows. 

I cant get in either. And to hell with calling them. They are probably inundated with calls. I cant stand being on the phone with creditors anyway. F em all. Especially this one. 

Message 63 of 67
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Actually there was no hold time and the person who answered was obviously in an American call center and was quite professional... not at all like the Comenity store card call centers that I remember from a couple years ago.  

but, yeah, having to call was annoying but as I said, was reassured that they didn't already AA my butt!

06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Message 64 of 67
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Is there some kind of point structure announced?  I wonder what the approval criteria might be.  In the future, this may make sence being a Sony camera user, biz and personal.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 65 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I FINALLY got in. Used a google chrome generated password (which I had tried numerous times before) only this time I left my phone number out. Only filled in acct. name, password, and email fields. Boom. In. 

Message 66 of 67
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

So this is really messed up.

I went out to lunch with my son and tried to use the new Comenty sony card:  Declined!  (despite having activated it last night).

Called Comenity and and he was like "huh, that's strange!  everything looks good from our end"

He also said that the website issues were resolved and to try c.comenity.net instead of d.comentiy.net but that didn't work either.  

Hung up and headed over to Amazon and just for kicks, ordered a video on demand using my OLD cap1 card and that went through!  I even got a notification from my Cap1 app that a transaction had posted!

Headed back over to the comenity website and for the credit card number, I entered in my OLD cap1 card number and it let me register using my OLD Cap1 card number!!! 

(at this point, y'all are thinking I'm crazing for spending my sunday doing this... But I test websites for a living and I was in full-on QA Geek mode at this point).

Call Comenity back and try to explain to them what was going on.  Again, to their credit (no pun intended), they actually have the A-team of customer service agents answering the phone today and he actually seemed to understand what was going on.  Then as I was looking at the website, I noticed that the last 4 digits of the comentiy card that were showing for my account wasn't either the Comenity account number OR the Cap1 account number.  It was a 3rd card number... I read those 4 digits to the guy on the phone and he said that was what he had on his end for my account number.  

Then he looked a little deeper.  He said that the card that they originally sent me had been closed and that they had ordered a new card for me -- but that it just hadn't been sent out yet.  

I *have* to imagine that I am the outlier here.  Charges are still going through on my Cap1 card -- one wonders what will happen to those charges because they aren't showing up on the comenity website and I can't see my Sony card on Cap1 any more.  Now I'm worried that I may owe Cap1 for those charges but have no way to pay them and somehow I'll get a charge-off or collections because of this.

Soooooo, if you can't register with Comenty:

1. Step 1:  check the URL.  if it begins with "d.comenity.net", change it to "c.comenity.net" (or vice versa) and try again.
  2. Step 2:  if *that* doesn't work, try registering with your old cap1 number.
  3. Step 3:  if *that* doesn't work... well, I've got nuthin' at that point.  Probably call comenity and tell them your card was lost or stolen and have them send you a new one and start over!

Good luck everyone!  I wish I could send them a bill for my QA'ing their website ;-). 

06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Message 67 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.