Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony card from Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony card from Capital One

This is my first post on this forum, although I read them alot. Today I was just approved for a Sony Style Card from Capital One. Apparently Sony has changed it's card from Chase to Capital One. I am a current Capital One cardholder witha $500 credit limit through credit steps. I was pleasantly surprised that they approved me instantly and with a $500 limit. After my first purchase they are giving me a $200 gift card towards anything at the Sony Store! (Might be good for some Christmas present!!!) Anyways, just thought that I would let everone know that they might be approved even with a low credit score and it could be good for rebuilding credit (like I am now)

Current Fico Scores:

Trans 608

Exp 604

Equifax 601

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy discharged Oct 2006

Message 1 of 100
99 REPLIES 99
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Sony card from Capital One

Where did you find the promo for the 200 dollar giftcard? I checked on capital ones website and didnt see it.

Message 2 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 100
mross1080
Established Contributor

I applied and approved for 750. I now technically have 3 capital one cards. I really hope I get the 200 gift card otherwise there really was no point to this card.

Message 4 of 100
Datx
Valued Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

I applied and approved for 750. I now technically have 3 capital one cards. I really hope I get the 200 gift card otherwise there really was no point to this card.

Interesting. I thought two cap one cards was the limit. I know cap one usually pulls all 3 CRAs, but did they when you applied? Maybe since this a co-branded card ( i believe), cap one allows you to have this card as a third acct with them.

Message 5 of 100
mross1080
Established Contributor

Last time I apped for my second card I had my ex and tu frozen and they only pulled eq and it was an instant approval. This time only my ex is frozen and I wasnt paying another 10 bucks to freeze my tu again so they pulled tu and eq. Ive done some searching before I apped for the second and im not sure what the limit is I've read some people have had 4. I think you can have a few if its a mix between personal and business. One good thing about this card is theres no annual fee, cant say the same for my other 2 cap one cards.

Message 6 of 100
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

It is co-branded with VISA

There is 0% APR on purchases through September 2011.   (Not Bad)

Message 7 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved for $500! Yay..This is my second Capital One card. I'm done applying for awhile. Hopefully this will help in my rebuilding

Message 8 of 100
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got approved for $500! Yay..This is my second Capital One card. I'm done applying for awhile. Hopefully this will help in my rebuilding

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, does your first Cap One card also have a $500 CL? It seems like Cap One likes to match CLs to what you already have with them on other accounts. I could be wrong.

Message 9 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'd and was approved for $500 as well. I have 2 Cap Ones already  -- 1 with a $500 and 1 with a $1500.

Message 10 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.