Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Rapid Rewards Offer(s)

tag
keith021
Regular Contributor

Southwest Rapid Rewards Offer(s)

I'm curious as to why Chase/Southwest is constantly sending me invitations for their Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card. I have gotten at least 6 inviations via mail within the last month, and I just receieved one in the mail today which prompted me to make this post. It's like I'm getting spam. Any ideas?

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
doood71
Regular Contributor

Re: Southwest Rapid Rewards Offer(s)

Do you fly via Southwest?  I find that after every flight I take with them I get a preapproval offer in the mail from them about 2-3 weeks afterwards.
2/15/2011 TU: 773 ~ EQ: 780
8/15/2011 TU: 766 ~ EQ: 783 ~ EX: 753 (psecu)
Message 2 of 11
persistent98
Valued Member

I've also gotten a letter from them.  No pre-approval, just a invitation letter.  I fly with them about 6 times a year but not recently???  i'm needing to get another cc to help increase my husbands credit score and am thinking about taking them up on their offer.  Does the invitation count as a pre-approval?  I don't want to apply and not get approved.

My current scores are LO PULL: 

660 Experian

629 Equifax

607 TransUnion 

Still rebuilding credit. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@persistent98 wrote:

I've also gotten a letter from them.  No pre-approval, just a invitation letter.  I fly with them about 6 times a year but not recently???  i'm needing to get another cc to help increase my husbands credit score and am thinking about taking them up on their offer.  Does the invitation count as a pre-approval?  I don't want to apply and not get approved.

My current scores are LO PULL: 

660 Experian

629 Equifax

607 TransUnion 

Still rebuilding credit. 

Actually, in this climate, even a "Pre Approval" does not guarantee acceptance.

http://www.preapproved-credit-cards.com/

Message 4 of 11
keith021
Regular Contributor

I've flown with them a few times and I have some air miles, but not a whole not. It just seems strange that they keep sending me offers, I'm going to apply and see what happens....

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a SWA customer for a long time now and fly enough to earn a free roundtrip every year. I get these same invitations about every month. I've applied once or twice in the past 5 years or so, having been declined both times. I would venture to say that majority of the spam is *not* pre-approved, just an invitation.

It's spam. Feel free to disregard and shred it. 

Message 6 of 11
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I was getting the invites like crazy for the first half of the year--sometimes 4 a month. I wanted some diversity in terms of issuers so I bit the bullet and accepted the invitation in June. They take their time in approving and I did accept before Chase went haywire, but really, the card is dusty. I rarely use it except for recurring payment to Sirius. The rate isn't anything to write home about and you have to spend a lot in order to get the points>credits. 1200 points is 1 credit and 16 credits is one round trip ticket. They do give you a bunch of 'free' credits. I wouldn't say it was spam, just a concentrated marketing effort!
Message 7 of 11
keith021
Regular Contributor

Update: I called the credit department today to check my application status, and I was denied the card. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 11
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Did they say why? Did you ask for recon?
Message 9 of 11
keith021
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure what to say when asking to recon, any advice?  I forgot the exact reasons but one was; NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION FROM CREDIT BUREAU. The rep said I would be getting a letter explaining why I wasn't approved.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.