Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest vs CSP

tag
godscountry
Regular Contributor

Southwest vs CSP

I am sorry but I have searched the forum and havent found a definitive answer for this but I am preparing to app soon and I need to know if I really need a Southwest card.

I am going to app for a CSP regardless but I need to know if there is a benefit in having the Southwest card being that I book between $400-1200 per month on Southwest.  The Chase site says 2X points on travel for CSP and 2 points per dollar for Southwest when booking from their site.  I know about the Anniversary points and sign up bonuses, but those are not my primary concern.  I need clarification because I likely wont use the Southwest card for anything other than Southwest flights and possibly flights on other airlines...but likely would use CSP.  Some of the Southwest flights will be booked for employees for my new consultant business.  I have an RR account for each of them so when I book, I assume they will get points for the flights and I would also get double points for using the card on the site.  That is the part I am unsure of.  If that is true, then I would gain a lot of value from having the Southwest card.  Hoping someone can shed some insight on this one.

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
denver133
Frequent Contributor

Re: Southwest vs CSP

If you use SWA for your primary airline, then I would say sign up for both and get the additional 50,000 miles from Southwest.  

However, booking travel with your CSP will still get you 2x points.  So if you book $1,000 of SWA travel on your CSP, you will get 2,000 points that can be used for ANYTHING with CSP.  Not just SWA points.  

I fly SWA only but obviously they don't get to Europe.  I am an AU on my wifes CSP and we used our points for our upcoming European honeymoon.  

My Cards: CSP: $5,000 // Hyatt: $5,000 // Cap1 Venture: $5,000 // US Bank Plat: $3,500 // Discover: $1,000 // AMEX BCE: $1,000 // Lowes: $5,500 // Furniture Row: $3,500 // Buckle Store Card: $750

Current MyFico Scores: EX 687 EQ 696 TU 687 Gardening from 5/15 till 5/16

Message 2 of 3
godscountry
Regular Contributor

Re: Southwest vs CSP

ok, that answers a lot.  thanks.  so I will put CSP higher on my priority list for my spree and Southwest towards the bottom. 

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.