Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Credit Report - 2 EQs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Split Credit Report - 2 EQs

Because of a creditor typo in my name, I have two equifax credit reports. One report is error free and the other is not error-free (due to their mistake). The error on one is a 120-day late payment.

So after sending them a copy of every I.D. I own: birth certificate, social security card, license, federal employee badge, student id, and utility bills....I get back a letter saying my name is fixed, they added my employer to my record, and corrected the 120-day late notice!

So I run my report tonight, the 120-day notice is still there!!!!!!!!!!! erhhhhhh!!!! And now I think it is on the finalized "merged" report!!!!

They are officially driving me crazy! They say they fix it, but they don't!

Now this leads me to believe the following, either:

(a) they didn't fix it and lied;

(b) my report is still split and I'm pulling up the "bad" copy;

(c) it takes time for the fix to show (however, shouldn't it show, if they fixed it last week directly at Equifax?).

In the end, calling them is a waste a time because their CR sucks. They will simply instruct me to write a letter. I keep writing letters and I keep getting responses that this is fixed - but it doesn't seem to be fixed.

Any thoughts, advice, or feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

P.S. I've sent letters to the FTC with no luck - they seem also to be a waste of energy.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Split Credit Report - 2 EQs

The saga continues.

I recognize no one is responding to this posting, but I thought I would provide an update/vent.

I called Equifax today. My credit files seem to be officially merged into one - and in the end I got screwed!!!

It picked up inquiries from both files, the credit mistake from one file is now on the merged file, and the file that had no inquiries or mistakes is by-by!

**bleep** to Equifax to hell -lol!

Now my two scores together, 697 and 735, evolved into one score, a 675!!!

I must also add this screw up was all caused by a stupid Old Navy GEMB Card. They mis credited my payments and report me as a 120 days late! After going through an uphill battle - everything was fixed - except for my equifax creit profile - or at least one of the two profiles.

Now I have one profile and I have to contest this issue all over again, 2 years later! Can you believe it!! Luckily, I submitted an appeal to this account on the "bad credit profile" last week (thinking this would happen) and they said they are now waiting for the credit to get back to them!

Why does it take so long for the creditor to get back to them? And if they fixed it before, then why do this again?!? I'm confused and pissed...

However, I recognize Old Navy-GEMB Money Bank are the real culprits! I want to call them, but I fear it will achieve nothing!

Message Edited by pjriverap on 10-12-2007 06:21 PM
Message 2 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

That socks. Freeze Equifax if you can. Sorry OP.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
That socks. Freeze Equifax if you can. Sorry OP.

I'm confused - what would freezing do to help in this situation?

Message Edited by pjriverap on 10-12-2007 07:24 PM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it seems that I have to wait 45 days until this investigation on the returned baddie is corrected? Isn't it suppose to be 30 days? Why does Equifax give me a 45 day completion time or "estimate until investigation is complete."

I forewarn all - beware of GEMB credit cards -errhhh. LOL
Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

pjriverap wrote: I recognize no one is responding to this posting, but I thought I would provide an update/vent.
Sorry for the lack of responses--I think half of us are mesmerized, and the other half are terrified of it happening to us. As always, I am eternally stunned at the lack of accountability of lenders and CRA's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

pjriverap wrote: So it seems that I have to wait 45 days until this investigation on the returned baddie is corrected? Isn't it suppose to be 30 days? Why does Equifax give me a 45 day completion time or "estimate until investigation is complete."
Did you dispute from your free annual report? Think I read that if so, somehow they have 45 days to noodle around instead of 30.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

pjriverap wrote: So it seems that I have to wait 45 days until this investigation on the returned baddie is corrected? Isn't it suppose to be 30 days? Why does Equifax give me a 45 day completion time or "estimate until investigation is complete."
Did you dispute from your free annual report? Think I read that if so, somehow they have 45 days to noodle around instead of 30.

Nope - I used the Equifax online disputing service directly --- no free annual report

This experience has been horrible - I will always have this nagging fear of having my credit file split again! I'm definitely taking it easy on the soft inqs
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.