Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting limits between multiple cards

tag
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Splitting limits between multiple cards

I've read about many people successfully splitting limits from one card to another so long as the cards are issued from the same bank. I see a lot of people do this to meet the 5k requirement if they are borderline on a visa signature approval.

My question is has anyone successfully split limits between cards issued from G.E.C.R.B. ?

I would like to grow both my Sam's club Discover and Walmart Discover to 5k limits and figure that considering my Sam's club Discover is already at 4k it will surpass my goal much sooner than the Walmart Discover will meet it.

Would I be able to take a chunk from one and add it to the other because they're both issued by G.E.C.R.B. ?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Splitting limits between multiple cards

Moving CL works with issuers like AMEX or Chase. I am very doubtful for GECRB though. GECRB runs multiple store card that each has its own division.

Message 2 of 9
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Yes, that's what I figured but I thought it may be possible because Walmart and Sam's club accounts are accessible through the same phone number on the backdoor thread. WalMart/Sam's Club: 877-294-7541 (escalated help desk) Perhaps it is possible or is it highly doubtful?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 3 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

So you want to move Walmart to Sam's Club? I'd say give them a call. I'm interested to hear whether GE allows CL shifting.

Message 4 of 9
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

No. I got both cards within a few days of one another so they will both be eligible for the cli come February. I expect the Sam's club Discover to crack 5k and would like to add the difference (everything above 5k) with whatever increase I get on the Walmart Discover to get it as close to 5k as possible.
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 5 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Its sound like stupid but what the most benefit from Visa Signature ????

and also Does Walmart Store Card can used at Sam Club ????

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 9
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Yes the Walmart and Sam's club store cards can be used at both Walmart and Sam's club and the Discover version of each card can be used anywhere. Both of mine are the Discover versions.

The reason why I got both is because my Sam's club membership card is also the Discover credit card meaning one less card to carry. I got the Walmart card for the free Transunion FICO score. It works for me, others may not like the idea of having both but I do.

I simply want to know has anyone tried shifting there credit limits from one G.E.C.R.B. card to another and if so were they successful?
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 7 of 9
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Reviving a dead thread here…

Has anyone successfully transferred their credit limit from one G.E. card to another?

The possibility of a lackluster rewards structure on the Walmart card after the Discover ---> MasterCard conversion has me worried.

ł barely use my Walmart Discover card, just enough to keep it active for the free Fico score.

ł would hate to lose the utilization benefit from the $7,500.00 limit but ł don't want to take an unnecessary hit to my A.A.O.A. if they're going to report the MasterCard version as a new account.

ł get my monthly score from my Discover More card so that's a mute point.

Ideally ł'd like to transfer the limit and bolster my Sam's Club card then close the Walmart card before they convert it.
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 8 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Never seen it happen. I would be curious what they would say to that question though.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.