Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman's Guide Visa Holders 0% Promo APR + $0 Balance Transfer Fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sportsman's Guide Visa Holders 0% Promo APR + $0 Balance Transfer Fee

Got an email today...

Start saving today by transferring a balance to your Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s Club® Advantage Rewards Visa® Credit card by June 30, 2018. Balances transferred during this time will receive a 0% promotional APR through September 2019 and no Balance Transfer fees. After the 0% promotional APR ends, you will be charged a variable rate of 19.74% APR, based on Prime Rate. There are no Balance Transfer fees associated with this offer. At that rate, you can make higher-interest balances a thing of the past!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Sportsman's Guide Visa Holders 0% Promo APR + $0 Balance Transfer Fee

That is a promotion that Comenity has been running through various cards for the last several months - my wife has a BJ's card and she's had at least 3 of those offerings. I think there have been posts on the forum with at least one or two other Comenity bank cards with that offer.

Sounds like a great deal, well other than its Comenity well known for shutting down cards when they get spooked (typical excuse will be too many inquiries even if you don't make any new ones). I use  0%/zero fee balance transfers all the time and make sure I PIF before they expire, but personally, with personal experience, I would never touch or do business with Comenity.

It's a good offer if you want to roll the Comenity dice.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received the same thing on my Camping World card(Also Comenity).  Took advantage of that one pretty quickly!!!

Frankly, I don't need Comenity either, so if they want to cut my cards, that would be fine with me.  They're about 4% of my total available credit.  

Message 3 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Figures I didnt get one

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 13
Strogen
Frequent Contributor

I got this offer, in fact Im still carrying a balance from the last one.

Theyve given me two auto CLI of $1000 each over the period ive had the balance (70% util). I even accidentally missed my monthly payment twice by 1 day each. 

Id say theyve been generous and lenient, at least with me. An excellent card to have, if just for offers like these. I know I dont get any offers like this on my other cards except for the typical 3% garbage. 

807 TU FICO Score 8.
Message 5 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I've posted this picture more than once, but I'll do it again as to how Comenity treats it's account holders that have high scores and pay on time (usually in full).

Comenity Lov...

Comenity TW (2).JPG

Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy - was the closure related to taking advantage of a BT offer or something else altogether?
Message 7 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I had requested a lower APR even though I usually paid in full - they approved it to their lowest APR at the time, a week later they closed the account with a "too many inquiries" excuse (there had been no new inquiries and they were just as "high" as when I was first approved).

Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pipeguy wrote:

I had requested a lower APR even though I usually paid in full - they approved it to their lowest APR at the time, a week later they closed the account with a "too many inquiries" excuse (there had been no new inquiries and they were just as "high" as when I was first approved).

Ah yes, now I remember.  Of course, no ordinary individual would think that such a benign request would eventually have such consequences.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The offer is through December 2019 for me. Tempting. I do have one card that I need to spend 1k on for sub and a curved screen TV I've been looking at. May pull the trigger.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.