Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman's guide Visa question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sportsman's guide Visa question

So I'm to the point I get the shopping cart pop ups. I really want to accept the sportsman's visa but the issue is the address that the cart trick works for is an address I have not lived out in 5 years. Anyone know if it possible to accept the offer and immediately call them and give them my current mailing address. It's a Po box in a different state where I'm living.   I actually shop at Sportsman guide so it would be cool it have teh card. 

The offer I'm getting is 

"As a valued Club Member, You’re pre-approved* for a Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s ClubTM Advantage Rewards Visa® Card.

That means an instant, 2.5% Buyer’s Club discount will be applied today and on all future purchases, plus Reward Points you can redeem for Guide merchandise."

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman's guide Visa question

I wish I could get it to pop for me. I buy Boy Scout and camping equipment online and this would be a card that I would actually use a little bit.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like they use Equifax, as its the only one that has my old address on it.

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously doubt they'll agree to ship to a PO Box, especially after you apply. Never happen. Good luck trying to explain that.
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crazy that EQ is showing a 5 year old address.  I did the SCT for my Jcrew after I moved using my old address but I had just moved and the mail was forwarded.  I went online and set up my account with the new address but the card was sent to old address and USPS forwarded.

Message 5 of 21
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had just moved and the mail was forwarded.  I went online and set up my account with the new address but the card was sent to old address and USPS forwarded.

Which certainly busts the oft-repeated myth that USPS does not forward credit cards.  Like there is really a guy sitting there bending envelopes trying to ascertain what's in them before the machine gets hold of them.  And the whole point of a plain white envelope is to not attract attention.  A big message on the front saying "DO NOT FORWARD -- CREDIT CARD" kinda spoils all that, no?

Nomad01- You can just dispute the old address of your EQ report but then you'll play the waiting game with Comenity until they grab updated info.   Might be a few months or more.  If I was impatient I might be tempted to do exactly what you suggested; call them before it ships.  It's not like you wasted a HP if they say no and cancel the app.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nomad, if you want the card why not just app for it? What I understand is it is a HP for the MC or Visas even if you get the pop up. I've tried never got the pop up for any of them but after having the Comenity store cards I don't think I want any of the major cc's. Payments take too long to post and then clear my bank for my liking.
Message 7 of 21
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What I understand is it is a HP for the MC or Visas even if you get the pop up.

It wasn't a HP for me.  And after having the card for a year now, I can safely say it's not worth a HP.  Darn ok SCT card though... compared to the usual junk.

Message 8 of 21
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm to the point I get the shopping cart pop ups. I really want to accept the sportsman's visa but the issue is the address that the cart trick works for is an address I have not lived out in 5 years. Anyone know if it possible to accept the offer and immediately call them and give them my current mailing address. It's a Po box in a different state where I'm living.   I actually shop at Sportsman guide so it would be cool it have teh card. 

The offer I'm getting is 

"As a valued Club Member, You’re pre-approved* for a Sportsman’s Guide Buyer’s ClubTM Advantage Rewards Visa® Card.

That means an instant, 2.5% Buyer’s Club discount will be applied today and on all future purchases, plus Reward Points you can redeem for Guide merchandise."

I can't say for Sportsman but I can speak for Cap1. My GF applied for the Venture and was approved with her residential address, she immediately called to tell them that all her mail goes to a P.O box and gave them that address to send the card to. There was no problem at all, but granted the P.O. box was in the same city. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nomad, if you want the card why not just app for it? What I understand is it is a HP for the MC or Visas even if you get the pop up. I've tried never got the pop up for any of them but after having the Comenity store cards I don't think I want any of the major cc's. Payments take too long to post and then clear my bank for my liking.

I did the shopping cart trick and got the Sportsmans Guide Visa in the first days of June and I have been pulling my credit reports daily for over a month now.

I know it hasnt been that long since I got it, but I have not seen a HP on any report yet, so I have to assume its still a SP.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.