Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spree-Go For One More?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spree-Go For One More?

Hello all,

I am on the fence about whether or not to go for one more application...

I currently have Cap1 (Secured) 3/18 and Cap1Plt 8/18. Have about 18% utilization. 

Tru 654/Eq 653/Exp 643

Went on a spree and got these: Discover Chrome $2000 (6/7/19); Chase Freedom Unlimited $2800 (6/6/19) and BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards $8000 (6/7/19).

Am wondering if should try for one more and then sit in the weeds for the next 8-12 months? If yes, what are some suggestions?

Thank you to everyone!!

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spree-Go For One More?

Go find a Duck blind and wait for the right moment to pull the trigger.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much...my next targets would be AMEX and CITI. Thought should strike while hot but got scared. I have worked my way up from low 400's last January to now. Just don't want to blow it....lol!

Thanks!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those 2 in particular I would definitely wait it out rather than try to shoot fish in a barrel.

Mid 6's on EX is a $500 CL w/ amex

Citi is a double puller and notoriously low CL's and slow to grow.  Even w/ 800+ I got 8K approvals out of them that I immediately hit the HP CLI for another 5K... since then though it's 2K every 6 months.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Any experience or thoughts on BOA?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA pulled EX for me but they've actually turned out to be a good experience despite my previous experience with them long long ago.  Started at 10K and bumped up to 65K so far though a series of CLI req's.  Now that they're SP CLI's they're become more attractive for a long term hold.

Stick with the basic cards until you have super prime scores and take a sabatical from apping.  I tried for the PR card and got shot down because of too many apps in the past.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 7 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would probably stop for a few months or so. Especially considering that Chase card. You got some great approvals and you don’t want Chase to panic about new cards. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I am on the fence about whether or not to go for one more application...

I currently have Cap1 (Secured) 3/18 and Cap1Plt 8/18. Have about 18% utilization. 

Tru 654/Eq 653/Exp 643

Went on a spree and got these: Discover Chrome $2000 (6/7/19); Chase Freedom Unlimited $2800 (6/6/19) and BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards $8000 (6/7/19).

Am wondering if should try for one more and then sit in the weeds for the next 8-12 months? If yes, what are some suggestions?

Thank you to everyone!!

Jump down off the fence onto the side with the garden. You got a nice haul and Congratulations to you. It is time to pamper and tend to your new seedlings and watch them grow, grow, grow.  

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Go find a Duck blind and wait for the right moment to pull the trigger.

I had to look up duck blind. It's obvious I don't hunt. Smiley Very Happy I really am learning about a lot of different things from this forum. Smiley Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.