Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint - Home Credit US Closure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sprint - Home Credit US Closure

Just used my app to connect. Took about 10 min but got it done. The email stated the 13th but rep said the 17th over phone so not sure but either way I told her me closing was lesser of the 2 evils lol I sure hate it cause I just got that card like 3 months ago and was still under my 0% interest. But thanks again for the heads up. Just makes room for a better card to come along

Message 41 of 54
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous,

Welcome To myFICO Forums!

Sorry for the loss of your fairly new sprint cardSmiley Sad

Message 42 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, forgot to mention... it seems they increased the required minimum payment %. On my a/c it went from 3% to 5%. Just a heads up for anyone who's carried a balance on their card.

Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just paid my closed card off last month. I received an email today they are transferring to Genesis FS. I don't know if its a dumb question. But what's the point of transferring if the card company closed down? 

Message 44 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got same email. I was wondering same thing. It says its all under the bank of Missouri still but changing hands none the less. I thought about calling seeing if that means they are going to reopen accounts or if someone else is just collecting the money now

Message 45 of 54
drboxing
Established Contributor

Was wondering the same, since Sprint card has been transferred will they reopen accounts

Message 46 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird I haven't received that email. All I can imagine is the new company has either purchased the portfolio to collect the money + interest or they're looking to transfer the accounts into brand new card accounts. I suspect the former for now since, at this point in time, banks are not really lending out money.

Message 47 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking Genesis FS is going to collect money. They are a subprime lender that sucks. I have two of their cards and they do not do CIs. 

Message 48 of 54
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Weird I haven't received that email. All I can imagine is the new company has either purchased the portfolio to collect the money + interest or they're looking to transfer the accounts into brand new card accounts. I suspect the former for now since, at this point in time, banks are not really lending out money.

@Anonymous, you are probably right. I didn't receive an email either. However, if they are selling the portfolio and opening everyone's accounts back up, then that would be strange and interesting.

@Anonymous, do you know who Genesis FS pulls when doing Inq's? Checking for Soft Pulls from Genesis might lead to some new information.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya know, I just had a thought. I know that some of us had Home Credit cards and others it was through Sprint. I'm wondering if only the Sprint card folks got the email? Mine was directly through Home Credit and I never got the email. Perhaps it's just the Sprint related accounts that are being transferred/purchased?

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.