Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Visa Card...New Flavor of the Holiday...Maybe

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Sprint Visa Card...New Flavor of the Holiday...Maybe

Don't misunderstand, I have had Sprint for years and they are great here in Indiana. But that card is just such a ripoff it makes me ashamed that I do business with them. The really sad part is that many of their customers will sign up for it because they are credit challenged.

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8 wrote:

Don't misunderstand, I have had Sprint for years and they are great here in Indiana. But that card is just such a ripoff it makes me ashamed that I do business with them. The really sad part is that many of their customers will sign up for it because they are credit challenged.

Smiley Sad Yep. They know how to take advantage of their customers...pretty sick. But then again what phone company/cable company/utility isn't?

Message 12 of 29
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kilroy8 wrote:

Smiley Sad Yep. They know how to take advantage of their customers...pretty sick. But then again what phone company/cable company/utility isn't?

This, exactly! The card is so very bad, on several levels. Ugh. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 13 of 29
digitek
Established Contributor

Pretty sure this applies to all cards actually...

The only way they can afford to give rewards back to smart customers is on the back of other less financially competent customers paying those < 10% - 35.99% APR's 🤔

Message 14 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

I see what your point. Some families have 4 or five lines and that can get costly. I got my 11 year old a cheap LG and my other kid is getting one of my older phones I cleaned up. However, I know folks who spend 300 + for phones service and actually lease lines with data pakages. 

I don't get people saying (ignoring the APR) that this makes sense for heavy Sprint users.   From the site, it looks like 1point = 1c (with a $20 min and $5 increments).   And a restrictive redemption type.   This is therefore a 2% somewhere card, 1% the rest.    So a general 2% card is better.    This card is VERY ignorable even if the APR was normal.

Message 15 of 29
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

I see what your point. Some families have 4 or five lines and that can get costly. I got my 11 year old a cheap LG and my other kid is getting one of my older phones I cleaned up. However, I know folks who spend 300 + for phones service and actually lease lines with data pakages. 

I don't get people saying (ignoring the APR) that this makes sense for heavy Sprint users.   From the site, it looks like 1point = 1c (with a $20 min and $5 increments).   And a restrictive redemption type.   This is therefore a 2% somewhere card, 1% the rest.    So a general 2% card is better.    This card is VERY ignorable even if the APR was normal.

Even Barclaycard Rewards has this beat, let alone a Cash+ or Ink.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 16 of 29
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

The max APR on this card makes Credit One look good-LOL!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only decent feature of this card is contactless. 

Message 18 of 29
awp317
Frequent Contributor

So you get a credit card from sprint to pay your sprint bill which people use to finance phones and pay monthly via their sprint bill. So you take out a debt, and pay that with another debt. Sprint really knows how to market. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@awp317 wrote:

So you get a credit card from sprint to pay your sprint bill which people use to finance phones and pay monthly via their sprint bill. So you take out a debt, and pay that with another debt. Sprint really knows how to market. 

I think the better question is why does someone use Sprint? 

They have the worst service plus the biggest clown in the industry as their spokesman. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.