Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting out!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting out!

Everyone's posts have been so helpful. I just received an email from CITI and Cap1.. I am trying to recon with CITI for their student CC. Any idea how to approach a recon? 

Message 51 of 57
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Read over the reasons they gave you for denial, then check the backdoor # thread and call em up and be prepared to defend your credit history. 

Message 52 of 57
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Call them and ask about the status of your application. "Do they need more information?"

Make sure you "Let the sunshine in during this conversation!"

Tell them, "I am just starting out and want to develop a GREAT relationship with a GOOD bank that will grow with me! I've heard so many good things about CitiBank I thought I should apply with you first!"

Yeah...Lay it on heavy....It can't hurt!

This is one of those chicken and egg quandaries you occasionally will deal with in life. They are lenders that need customers, you are a customer that needs their money. Who blinks first?

If you do get denied, make sure you ask why and receive a firm answer. Ask when you should re-apply.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 53 of 57
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I am posting for the first time on this forum. I have been reading several posts that are actually insightful and note-worthy! I have just turned 18 and honestly I have learned a lot just by reading a lot of the material provided by myFico and the wonderful poster community. And I took a class offered by our local bank branch on credit responsibility >.<

I know what you are thinking 18 year old and credit card. I remember being 18.. well you are probably right so I am seeking guidance and assistance as I begin my journey speaking in long-term I seek to achieve a high 750FICO. I just started college and I am taking out DIRECT loans unsub and sub. (6.4% and 3.8%) and short-termI am looking to stay off-campus next year. I work around 32-38 hours a week and have worked for about 3 and a half years now. 

I wish to establish credit in ways other than paying off accrued interest on my unsubs ( 6.4%) because I have money set aside for that already. I have read some great reviews about the Capital One Journey Student's Credit Card.

Any one have any suggestions or rants about me being an 18 year old that just wants to go app-crazy? Smiley Very Happy 

Neftali

To avoid going app crazy start smoking Smiley Tongue jkjk dont do that. Im new to this forum but I myself am 22. Im assuming you pay a phone bill, maybe a car payment gas groceries etc.. if youre like me and pay cash for stuff maybe you can get a secured cc and put all of your bills and stuff on that and pay in full at the end of the month. Maybe even get a department store card from somewhere you buy clothes from get a card that they offer and do the same thing. 

tell us more about yourself Smiley Very Happy and we can go from there.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 54 of 57
jsucool76
Super Contributor

To avoid going app crazy start smoking Smiley Tongue jkjk dont do that. Im new to this forum but I myself am 22. Im assuming you pay a phone bill, maybe a car payment gas groceries etc.. if youre like me and pay cash for stuff maybe you can get a secured cc and put all of your bills and stuff on that and pay in full at the end of the month. Maybe even get a department store card from somewhere you buy clothes from get a card that they offer and do the same thing. 

tell us more about yourself Smiley Very Happy and we can go from there.

Don't do this, I smoke and I still get the urge to app. Smiley Tongue haha. Just gotta learn to love the garden. that's what the long post is for, moral support. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 55 of 57
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Lmao sorry to revive an old thread just an update I am doing fairly well and am healthy and alive Smiley Happy 

MODS Can you match my ranking on my previous account? or is it lower than my current one?

I had a couple issues pulling a Fico in my early days so the team reset it and I had to create a new acc PM for more details if necessary really concerned about the rank more than anything

Message 56 of 57
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Rackham, post that in the forum tech support board. You'll get a faster response than in a year old thread.

Congrats on your progress.
Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.