Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to not like Discover...

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Starting to not like Discover...

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

Well I was stuck on the $500 limit fromt he time I opened the card. Called up after I got the Amex's and saaid I would never use it agian unless I got a CLI. They asked me what I wanted I said 10,000 they said I would hear back with-in 7 days. 5 Days later I loged in and see the new limit. Also I never got a Zync because of the fact if they give you the $500 limit you cant get other cards. Did not want to take the chance at the time. Smiley Happy

LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I was hoping someone would post more info about this Discover thing if they are having the same issue?

It's nothing new they post it whenever they want. This is why I avoid Discover, now that I have 50k in credit limits I'll think about them now Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@distantarray wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

Well I was stuck on the $500 limit fromt he time I opened the card. Called up after I got the Amex's and saaid I would never use it agian unless I got a CLI. They asked me what I wanted I said 10,000 they said I would hear back with-in 7 days. 5 Days later I loged in and see the new limit. Also I never got a Zync because of the fact if they give you the $500 limit you cant get other cards. Did not want to take the chance at the time. Smiley Happy

LOL let me guess though, you RARELY use the Crap One card am I correct? Smiley Wink

I still don't us it. Been about 60 days so far lol Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

I find it kinda hiliarious your most SUB prime card has the highest limit of all your prime cards lol

Message 14 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@distantarray wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

I find it kinda hiliarious your most SUB prime card has the highest limit of all your prime cards lol

Well I'm hoping for a 61 day CLI thats coming up really soon.

Message 15 of 28
distantarray
Established Contributor

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

lol are you going to go for the 3x? I'm kinda scared cause my opening limit was $5,500 I don't want to go through a FR but it'll still be lower than my Navy Platinum

Message 16 of 28
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

OP, did you do anything like change address, add AU, ask for CLI, etc.?  I'm interested in this practice by Discover.  I've done a quick search (by no means exhaustive) of other threads and the ones I was seeing had people stating they had done something with their account to trigger the mid-cycle report.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 28
YahComb
Established Contributor

Had no problems thus far wIth discover. I had a statement close the 25th at zero and a new charge right after. Zero got reported.

Also no probs with boa gecrb or cap1 when i had one. Only time it happens with boa is when i make an account change, which maKes total sense so i have no issue there.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 18 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@distantarray wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

lol are you going to go for the 3x? I'm kinda scared cause my opening limit was $5,500 I don't want to go through a FR but it'll still be lower than my Navy Platinum

Yep. If they FR me I'm not to worried. I did not give any fake info on my apps. So ya ill go for the 3x and see. 

Message 19 of 28
HiLine
Blogger

If you guys have any tips on getting Discover to report your statement please let me know. I'm having trouble with Discover not reporting to the credit bureaus. I've been checking my credit reports everyday; my Discover account is still not recorded yet. I opened the card almost a month ago. 

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.