Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to not like Discover...

tag
alboto
Regular Contributor

Re: Starting to not like Discover...

Sometimes it takes more than 2 statements to report.
Message 21 of 28
isoldmyatlas
Frequent Contributor

Maiden, sorry your thread is getting kind of hijacked Smiley Indifferent

I too would be interested in knowing more about what triggers this with Discover...I just got the card earlier this month but haven't had a statement cut yet.

TU: 793 (6/13/17) | EQ: 787 (7/17/17) | EX: 788 (6/15/18)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $40,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $14,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $15,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Citi Home Depot $8,000 (06/2018)
Message 22 of 28
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

If you guys have any tips on getting Discover to report your statement please let me know. I'm having trouble with Discover not reporting to the credit bureaus. I've been checking my credit reports everyday; my Discover account is still not recorded yet. I opened the card almost a month ago. 

Mine reports almost immediately with the mid-cycle balance if I request a CLI.

Message 23 of 28
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Discover also screwed up my payment due date after I instated automatic minimum payments. =(

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 24 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

OP, did you do anything like change address, add AU, ask for CLI, etc.?  I'm interested in this practice by Discover.  I've done a quick search (by no means exhaustive) of other threads and the ones I was seeing had people stating they had done something with their account to trigger the mid-cycle report.

No. I haven't changed my address or requested an increase. I did add an AU when I first got my card but that's been about 2 months ago. I just don't understand why Discover doesn't report the statement balance like every other creditor does. It's very odd and confusing. The only thing I updated was my phone number for my conatct information.

@isoldmyatlas wrote:

Maiden, sorry your thread is getting kind of hijacked Smiley Indifferent

I too would be interested in knowing more about what triggers this with Discover...I just got the card earlier this month but haven't had a statement cut yet.

LOL thanks.

Check your statement cut date on your online account. It will usually tell you to check back when your statement closes at "this date". If you have a 0 balance at the closing period...you won't generate a statement.

@HiLine wrote:

If you guys have any tips on getting Discover to report your statement please let me know. I'm having trouble with Discover not reporting to the credit bureaus. I've been checking my credit reports everyday; my Discover account is still not recorded yet. I opened the card almost a month ago. 

My Discover card did not report right away. Most companies begin reporting before your receive a card but with Discover, they didn't report until I had account activity.

@YahComb wrote:
Had no problems thus far wIth discover. I had a statement close the 25th at zero and a new charge right after. Zero got reported.

Also no probs with boa gecrb or cap1 when i had one. Only time it happens with boa is when i make an account change, which maKes total sense so i have no issue there.

Weird!! YMMV I guess but it's soo frustrating!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 25 of 28
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

BofA will mid-cycle report if you update your address even if you put in the same address. I wonder if changing your phone number is what did it? If you remember, please let us know whether it continues to do this next month or whether it returns to normal. I suspect that many of these seemingly random mid month reports from lenders like Discover are probably the result of the cardholder doing something and not being aware of it.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 28
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I wonder what it possibly could have been. OH, you know what it probably was...I changed my billing preference from paperless to paper statements. I'll go this period and see if it does the same thing. I have a feeling it will tho. Once I pay off my Discover card (currently in a promo period), I won't be using it anymore. Its one of my lowest limits and not eligible for an increase until April Smiley Sad

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 27 of 28
nois
Regular Contributor

I don't think mid-cycle reporting is standard practice for Discover. I can consistently control the balance discover reports each month by paying on (or before) the statement closing date - whatever balance is present at the end of that day is what they report for me. Since that is the only card I allow to report a balance, I can fine tune my reported utilization.

FEB 2014 EQ: 798 EX: 780 TU: 798
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.