Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starwood or Delta Sky AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starwood or Delta Sky AMEX

I am totally confused now!  So, the APR and high approval rate determines if a card is Prime or Sub-prime? So, all of these cards are sub-prime:

Continental Airlines Business MasterCard®   18.24%  $75AF
JetBlue Business Credit Card from American Express® 18.24%  $40AF
JetBlue Card from American Express®  18.24%  $40AF
Continental Airlines World MasterCard® from Chase 18.24%  $85AF
SeaMiles® Visa® Rewards 17.24%    

So, these cards are no different than:

Cap1
First Preimer
Legacy Visa
Orchard
CCCU

Is this correct?

Message Edited by credit4me on 09-10-2007 08:03 PM
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit4me wrote:
I am totally confused now!  So, the APR and high approval rate determines if a card is Prime or Sub-prime? So, all of these cards are sub-prime:

Continental Airlines Business MasterCard®   18.24%  $75AF
JetBlue Business Credit Card from American Express® 18.24%  $40AF
JetBlue Card from American Express®  18.24%  $40AF
Continental Airlines World MasterCard® from Chase 18.24%  $85AF
SeaMiles® Visa® Rewards 17.24%    

So, these cards are no different than:

Cap1
First Preimer
Legacy Visa
Orchard
CCCU

Is this correct?

Message Edited by credit4me on 09-10-2007 08:03 PM

I wouldn't lump them in with First Premier.  I put that card in a class that is somewhat less than subprime and too vulgar to mention in polite company.  That being said.....

Reward cards sometime come with a high APR.  Not a bad thing if you plan on PIFing every month. Personally, i have found rewards cards with MUCH better interest rates than the ones you have there and they ar not from PRIME issuers.

To be perfectly honest, I wold not have what you described above in my wallet. Gie me my flat 2% CB at 13% (issued buy Household/HSBC by the way) and my no name 9 and 10 percenters any day of the week.

People often do their credit shopping by name brand when generic works just as well. When I decide which card to app I ask:  If I take away the annual fee and the interet rate I am liable to incur by carrying a balance on this card, would I do better jut using a 13% with 2% CB or a 9 or ten percenter and grabbing a ticket off of Travelocity?  Nine out of ten times that answer is yes.

But hey, my mom never carries a balance and flies a lot so her Citi airline miles card is well worth it.  All depends on how you use it.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-10-2007 08:13 PM
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit4me wrote:
Hello all,

Are these cards basically the same? Far as level? I tried to get the Delta converted to a Blue but the csr said it was not available for me Smiley Sad  But she did put a app. thru for the Starwood which I was approved for another 2500. Should I take it? I guess it's too late since I already took the additional hit with the phone app.. But are they basically the same sub-prime cards?

Message Edited by credit4me on 09-10-2007 09:54 AM

some people have had the ability to combine the cl's into a single card. maybe something you could look into.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

APR is determined by your Credit history, payment history, income to debt ratio, etc. and FICO. So the prime card can have a high APR too.

I have 2 prime cards:

BOFA AMEX at about 12.99 % APR
AMEX Blue at 18.99% APR

If it helps.

Message Edited by montana on 09-10-2007 05:45 PM
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

montana wrote:
APR is determined by your Credit history, payment history, income to debt ratio, etc. and FICO. So the prime card can have a high APR too.

I have 2 prime cards:

BOFA AMEX at about 12.99 % APR
AMEX Blue at 18.99% APR

If it helps.

Message Edited by montana on 09-10-2007 05:45 PM

That is tre Montana, but your rate is determined against their cardholders pool. For now I am happy swimming with the little fishies if it means a lower APR.  Put me in that pool and I'd be eaten alive. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 16
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

fused111 wrote:

SpecFile wrote:
Well I converted to Blue Cash.  Is that subprime as well?

Blue Cash is definitely prime.

Roger that.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.