Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Department Federal Credit Union

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

State Department Federal Credit Union

I have a relative that belongs to this CU. Anybody have any info on this one? Who they pull? BK friendly? Etc?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: State Department Federal Credit Union

I joined SDFCU almost two months ago. They pulled EXP for credit. They pulled Chex for membership. They denied for cc and overdraft LOC. A friend of mine got approved for $1K with 780 score. They are very conservative.

Ron.
Message 2 of 10
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Thanks Ron.

Message 3 of 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

You're welcome. Have you tried Tobyhanna FCU?

Ron.
Message 4 of 10
MrCredit
Established Contributor

No I have not. I am on the phone with NFCU right now trying to figure out why they denied me for a second card. The reps there recently have been extremely nasty. I am rethinking this whole relationship thing.

I sent a message asking for a status after 3 days and they send me a one sentence response stating "Your application has been disapproved."

Message 5 of 10
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I will check into it, do you know anything about how they do business there?

Message 6 of 10
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

I have a relative that belongs to this CU. Anybody have any info on this one? Who they pull? BK friendly? Etc?

I have been a member for a year. LOVE THEM!

SP EQ for membership, HP EX for credit products. Use same HP for 30 days for multiple products.

EX FICO of 720 gets best terms on Visa. I was approved for EMV Visa in June for $15K at 6.99% APR.

Mobile deposit is SUPER FAST!

Message 7 of 10
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I have to say NFCU CSR has been nothing but pleasant and my experience. OP I don't know anything about the particular CU.

Message 8 of 10
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

No I have not. I am on the phone with NFCU right now trying to figure out why they denied me for a second card. The reps there recently have been extremely nasty. I am rethinking this whole relationship thing.

I sent a message asking for a status after 3 days and they send me a one sentence response stating "Your application has been disapproved."

Sorry you've had a bad experience, i've had nothing short of a great experience with them, in fact I spoke directly with a rep in the loans dept seriously for like 45 mins just bouncing questions off of her because I really needed direction I ended the call for the first time ever feeling great it was a very personal experience for me. Maybe try calling back.

Maybe Creditaddict will chime in on the second card question at NFCU 'ca' is the expert with their products.

Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

I have them.  They don't pull for membership if all you open is a savings account.  Like mentioned before 720 experian score (model 2 if i remember correctly, its an older one) gets you best terms.  I was approved for 5k at 6.99 with 730 EX score.  Asked for 10k but was only given 5k due to the amount of cards I have relative to my income (they put my income at 41k even though I had put 36k on my app).  Very nice people.  Called every week to see how I liked everything and if I needed help until i stopped picking up the phone.  Now they email me.  No complaints here.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.