cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statement Date

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ok I lied.  Hauling (or anyone) could you help me underst...

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Well, it's late, and I'm a little foggy.

Did the $1800 show on your 8/17 statement? If so, then yes, you must pay at least the minimum by 9/15. If you don't pay the full amount by 9/15, you will owe interest on the unpaid balance, and that interest due will show up on your 9/whatever statement. If it didn't show on your statement, and it only shows up online as your current balance, then it's not due on 9/15.

(btw, does it say somewhere that your next statement will drop on 9/19? Some banks due publish that figure.)

* yawns *

Nope, it just says Next Statement Date 9/19

That's the date you're looking for. Time your payments so that the balance (and therefore utilization) you want is achieved several days before 9/19.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 21 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Statement Date

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Well, it's late, and I'm a little foggy.

Did the $1800 show on your 8/17 statement? If so, then yes, you must pay at least the minimum by 9/15. If you don't pay the full amount by 9/15, you will owe interest on the unpaid balance, and that interest due will show up on your 9/whatever statement. If it didn't show on your statement, and it only shows up online as your current balance, then it's not due on 9/15.

(btw, does it say somewhere that your next statement will drop on 9/19? Some banks due publish that figure.)

* yawns *

Nope, it just says Next Statement Date 9/19

That's the date you're looking for. Time your payments so that the balance (and therefore utilization) you want is achieved several days before 9/19.

+1 to MVV.

To repeat from earlier in this same thread:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Statement date = posting date = drop date = closing date. These are all different from the due date, which is generally 2-3 weeks after the statement date. The due date is the date that your money (= the balance on the statement, or some portion thereof) is due.

So yes, your next statement will appear on the 19th.

edited because the quote function bit me again

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks!

Can someone just verify that this is correct too:

Let's assume:

As of 09/19/11 my balance is $0/4000
Next Due date is 10/15/11

Next Statement date is 10/17/11

Any dollar that I spend after 9/19 will not be due on 10/15 but, if unpaid, will be reported on 10/17?

Message 23 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Ok thanks!

Can someone just verify that this is correct too:

Let's assume:

As of 09/19/11 my balance is $0/4000
Next Due date is 10/15/11

Next Statement date is 10/17/11

Any dollar that I spend after 9/19 will not be due on 10/15 but, if unpaid, will be reported on 10/17?

You got it!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

^YES! Thanks for verifying it Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.