Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay of Execution for my Cap1 cards

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Stay of Execution for my Cap1 cards

Got an email yesterday offering to upgrade my oldest account a CapOne card (57 months old) with 11.9% APR and a 2k CL  no AF to a Quicksilver card, clicked on the link and it took me to the change my card features page, that I have been trying off and on for years, finally it has something an offer to upgrade my card to the QuickSilver after I upgraded my oldest card and still no AF, I checked my other CapOne card (32 months old) and it was had the offer as well, it was already a rewards card but only 1%, and its 750 CL makes it nearly pointless to carry but its now a quicksilver card as well and they removed the AF as well which is the real reason it will live.

Even with the upgrades they are still denying my CLI requests via the luv button perhaps I will call up the EO for a CLI in a few months once my latest AP fest INQ's age a bit and I get my UTL a bit lower currently reporting at 18% will go a bit lower after my new CSP and Amtrak chase cards report.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stay of Execution for my Cap1 cards

@jamesdwi wrote:

Got an email yesterday offering to upgrade my oldest account a CapOne card (57 months old) with 11.9% APR and a 2k CL  no AF to a Quicksilver card, clicked on the link and it took me to the change my card features page, that I have been trying off and on for years, finally it has something an offer to upgrade my card to the QuickSilver after I upgraded my oldest card and still no AF, I checked my other CapOne card (32 months old) and it was had the offer as well, it was already a rewards card but only 1%, and its 750 CL makes it nearly pointless to carry but its now a quicksilver card as well and they removed the AF as well which is the real reason it will live.

Even with the upgrades they are still denying my CLI requests via the luv button perhaps I will call up the EO for a CLI in a few months once my latest AP fest INQ's age a bit and I get my UTL a bit lower currently reporting at 18% will go a bit lower after my new CSP and Amtrak chase cards report.

Congrats on the 11th hour pardon...Smiley Surprised  When you do hear from the warden (EO), take no less than $3k as that is the min CL for no AF QS,

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would wait until things look more favorable since it appears you've had some recent credit activities and you may sell yourself a bit short with a CLI even by the EO.

Message 3 of 4
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I would wait until things look more favorable since it appears you've had some recent credit activities and you may sell yourself a bit short with a CLI even by the EO.

+1

Yeah, I think OP stated that was willing to wait until utilization is lower and new cards report for a few months.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.