Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can't decide what to do with Orchard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still can't decide what to do with Orchard

It's my oldest major CC opened back in 07 $900 CL AF is $49 It's also my lowest apr out of any of my cards 8.9%. On the other hand i know this card will not grow with me. Should i keep it or get rid of it.

Other majors

Opened 2009 Capital One $1500 Balnce $0

Opened 2008 BOFA $2000 Balance $40

Opened 2010 Citi $2300 Balance $1300

Opened 2010 Amex Gold

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still can't decide what to with Orchard

i say ax it! keep the rest and relax

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still can't decide what to do with Orchard

If the AF and/or CL  is bothering you, try calling to get a CLI.  If they don't give it to you, ask about waiving the AF.  I tried for a CLI last month and was told they weren't offering CLIs until June so I asked if they could do anything else for me like wavie the AF and they said yes. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Orchard is not granting CLI an if they give me one it's only gonna be $100. I just feel like i have outgrown this card.

Message 4 of 14
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If the AF and/or CL  is bothering you, try calling to get a CLI.  If they don't give it to you, ask about waiving the AF.  I tried for a CLI last month and was told they weren't offering CLIs until June so I asked if they could do anything else for me like wavie the AF and they said yes. 

+1.  Great answer, frederickshanks!  And welcome to the forum!

mjbfan79, you have outgrown this card, but if they'll waive the annual fee, keep it.  As far as that 8.9% APR, don't forget that the annual fee is over 5% of your total credit line, so if you were going to just SD that card, and only use it to carry an occasional balance, for practical purposes your interest rate is over 14%...

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would definitely close orchard when my annual fee is due of march of next year!

Message 6 of 14
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Look at it this way...you are paying a $49 annual fee for one year's history.

This card is from 07. Your next oldest card is from 08. All you lose is one year.

To me? It's not worth it just to keep one extra year of history. If closed, the account will still report for you for about the next 10 years. Why pay for it? In 10 years, you won't miss one year's history.

What can I say? I'm cheap. And practical.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the advice people. My AF is not due until December so i might hang on to it an see if i can get them to waive the AF. Still not sure lol
Message 8 of 14
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1.  Great answer, frederickshanks!  And welcome to the forum!

mjbfan79, you have outgrown this card, but if they'll waive the annual fee, keep it.  As far as that 8.9% APR, don't forget that the annual fee is over 5% of your total credit line, so if you were going to just SD that card, and only use it to carry an occasional balance, for practical purposes your interest rate is over 14%...

+2.  guess you have until Dec. to make a final decision then 

but if they won't budge on CL or AF, that's a deal breaker for sure.

you've outgrown this product. and should no longer pay for it IMO.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Definitely hold on until December.     I would keep as long as they waive the annual fee.   They are much more likely to waive the annual fee if you use the card regularly. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.