Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still new to all this, but have a question about Synchrony

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still new to all this, but have a question about Synchrony

Yeah that was my own stupidity for sure.....life got in the way....at what point do the lates start to fade and not make such a big impact on credit? I've seen some say a year, others two or more....it's confusing....should I get balances down to under half before I ask for a CLI on my current ones?
Message 11 of 15
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

LIFE happens!

I don't think there's really any concrete time on how long they fade away into the past.  I would pay things off before trying the CLI with them at this point to get the most points possible before them taking a look under the hood.  Some of the popular steps and cutoffs are 650/700/720/760/800+. Just keep an eye on things and you'll get that tingly feeling in your fingers when you see the right numbers Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have never had a GE or Synch account before... ever!

I would probably keep it that way.

I would stay away from store cards.  Your already "in" with Cap1 and Barclays( tread carefully here...) you don't need any more store cards.

Personally, I would garden until two things happen

1- pay your cards down to only ONE reporting less than 9%

2- your bk ages off. 

At this point, you'll be in PRIME territory trying to get in with the likes of Amex, Discover, and Citi. 

Forget Synch, set your goals higher!

Best credit wishes to you!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am definitely going to take the advice from you guys for sure! I know I messed up a couple things after the BK, but like y'all have already said life happens....I was not exactly smart when it came to my credit to begin with, but I have learned a lot over the years and am working hard at getting it back together...

It is sad kinda to realize that SYNC is such "low hanging fruit" when I always thought they were a good one to reach for! lol

I have seen a lot of threads on here regarding Barclay being such a buster to either get in with or stay with....what is the danger there? I am just curious cause I first applied with them almost a year ago, got one card with a 700 limit, they then bumped it six months later to 1,500 without me even asking! I then applied for another one and got a 1,500 limit right off the bat! Of course that's when the poo hit the fan, and they got maxed out quickly...I have been throwing extra funds at them trying to get them paid off quicker....I have never been late with my Cap1 cards or any of them for that matter except that hot topic/comenity that screwed me....I am very tempted to just close it, but I don't want it to hurt me by closing it.....

In the garden for me until I get these balances down, and my Bk falls off!

ya'll rock!!
Message 14 of 15
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

If you can prove that the Hot Topic late was only one day late then dispute the validity of it. A late can't be reported until it's 30 days late.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.