Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no love from NFCU for Visa

tag
CraveMazda
Contributor

Re: Still no love from NFCU for Visa

@silverzgirl wrote:

Well, I decided after paying off my NFCU Visa and Navcheck (and putting a car maintenance and vet bill on it) to see if they would show me love. I was at around 14 percent ute.

Still got 3-5 day notice. Sent a message asking to cancel it because I did not want a HP. They responded within the hour cancelling it.

Bummer....still no love on my Visa. THen again, EQ is my worst one and I will have to sue them (and BoA) in order to get the incorrect stuff off my report.

I would hang in there. When I initially applied for a NFCU credit card they denied me. I had to get a secured card - this was 5 years ago. I started with $500 then about a year later I added more money to increase my credit limit to about $1500. About a few months after that NFCU moved me from secure to a normal card and put the money they used as collateral back into my savings account. I sat at a credit limit of $1750 for 2 more years then one day I requested a CLI, it was a HP. I was bumped up to $7K. I have not had to request a CLI since then, NFCU has given me Auto CLIs on their own and I am now up to $23K with that card. 

Last month they kept pinging me for pre-approval to get another credit card from them, I didn't. I don't feel I need the limit they gave me other than to help with my UTL so I don't want to ask for more. 

Good luck. Maybe you should do a HP and see what happens. 

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 11 of 14
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

I opted to knock my 25K request to 20K with the same message. If I let it ride to a HP I may as well spree....which is only one other card I have my eyes on.

And what do I expect? For a 20 year old account with one CLI in the entire time?

ETA: I guess I got a semi-instant....a whole whopping 1K increase has reflected on my credit line when I logged in. No flags on my CK, MyFICO or Sesame yet.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 12 of 14
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

NFCU tends to be HP happy. I say just take the HP as you have to loose at this moment or youcan just wait a year as NFCU loves to give yearly CLI on credit.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 13 of 14
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

nothing to loose*  (still new to this)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.