Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no orchard bank card

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Still no orchard bank card

Does anyone have orchard bank for a card?  It's strange...I applied for that and Capital one the same day on June 1.  I got Capital One by that Saturday (the 5th).  But still no Orchard Bank.  It said it was completely processed on the 13th, and I know it has a valid number now becuase i got an email telling me to go to online banking and confirm when I receive it, the email had 'account ending in XXXX'...just wondering how long it took in anyone else's experience

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Still no orchard bank card

Orchard bank (HSBC) is well known to be extremely slow with the processing of credit card applications.  It will arrive.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

Orchard bank (HSBC) is well known to be extremely slow with the processing of credit card applications.  It will arrive.

+1.  I think it took DH about 6 weeks or so.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I responded to a Household/HSBC pre-screen in the beginning of June and got the card this past week.  This was despite a delay for manual ID verification.  The verification rep said the card would be sent out right away.  Apparently it was.

Not sure if Orchard and Household share all fulfillment procedures, so my experience might not be applicable.  Good luck!

Message 4 of 13
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

What is DH?  6 weeks that's nuts.  They said 7-10 days from the approval date of the 13th, even though i was approved on the 1st.  So i really hope that means its coming this week

Message 5 of 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

DH= Dear Husband

Check out the Common Abbreviations

Anyways. I'm waiting for my Orchard secured card as well. After I mailed off my application it took them a month to send me more documents to sign off and send back to them.

Message 6 of 13
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

this was an unsecured card, and i did get the email saying it had an account number on monday.  i just hope this thing comes soon

Message 7 of 13
Datx
Valued Contributor

Whoops, I'm not sure why I thought this was for a secured Orchard card. Maybe this is how slow they are overall with any credit card they offer. Hope you see it soon too.

Message 8 of 13
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Still nothing today...i called and they said all processing complete, and that the card was 'sent out' on the 13th.  I've never heard of mail taking this long, but they verified my shipping address.  I just want to know whats going on with it.

Message 9 of 13
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

I called today to ask about rush delivery, more just to see if they could tell me it was actually mailed...they said it was out in the mail already...this makes me worry that something fishy is happening, since its not about the processing time now if its in the mail..i've never heard of mail taking this long

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.