cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for my Barclay SM Card to arrive.

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Still waiting for my Barclay SM Card to arrive.

It has been about a week since I was approved for my SM card and just received an email two days ago that my cards were shipped. They are supper slow at getting cards out apparently. Oh well, I just really wanted to use it for the gas points in May....

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Still waiting for my Barclay SM Card to arrive.

@BluePoodle wrote:

It has been about a week since I was approved for my SM card and just received an email two days ago that my cards were shipped. They are supper slow at getting cards out apparently. Oh well, I just really wanted to use it for the gas points in May....

Don't they offer to expidite for "just" $29?   So they want it to be slow if you reject their generous offer.

The reward period isn't month based, more billing cycle, so you have $250 to spend per statement.

Message 2 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Barclays is too busy getting out their new Arrival +  ..lol

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card whenever you receive it!
Message 4 of 14
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

I got the same email, the card showed up the next day. Nine days from approval to mail box.
Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 5 of 14
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@xsvspd wrote:
I got the same email, the card showed up the next day. Nine days from approval to mail box.

Not every company can be discover lol. But hey waiting a couple extra days for the rewards that card offers is so worth it. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 6 of 14
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I got my It & SM the same day. Lol.

I like that Chase Expedite for free.

But I'm sure we've all been where you are at. Anxiously awaiting our new cards!
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 14
TonyNova

This does not surprise me!,

I got approved for a Home Depot CC with a $10,000 limit and it never showed after a month so I called up and ordered another one!,

I also I got approved for an American Express $2,000 limit (same time frame),

it also never showed up after a month and I reordered it!

I don't know what is going on with these credit card companys, but 2 strikes back to back? what are the odds?

Tony

Message 8 of 14
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@xsvspd wrote:

Not every company can be discover lol. But hey waiting a couple extra days for the rewards that card offers is so worth it. 

LOL, I loved how fast I received my Discover card and the packaging was great too!  I did receive my Amex in decent time but it just came in a regular envelope!  The funny thing is I already received the Pin code for the SM cards!  I know they don't want them to arrive in the same days but I think I would have like to receive my cards first since I don't even do cash withdrawals! LOL

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 9 of 14
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

That's pretty crazy. I'd be worried some one took them from my mail if that happened.

I was approved for an Amex Monday email said It was sent out Tues & I received it yesterday (Thursday).
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.