cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stoked yet shocked! Citi Double Cash $200 bonus on a PC card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stoked yet shocked! Citi Double Cash $200 bonus on a PC card!

So we all read the thread about enrolling into the bonus where you spend $1000 get $200 via SM when you applied either after or weren't targeted the offer. Well this is a new thread because it's different. I've had this Citi Card since 2011. It was originally a Citi Diamond Preferred card which I later PC to a Citi Dividend, and then in Sept I PC'd it to a Citi Double Cash. I sent 2 SM messages to be enrolled into the bonus and both got denied.

So...

I called the customer service number that was listed for my Apple Pay, asked to be enrolled, she got me over a supervisor who said he would have to submit a request and I'd be sent a letter in the mail of yes or no.... Well... I got the letter and I was approved for the bonus!! I'm so stoked and can't believe they enrolled me since it wasn't a new card.

Now what to spend $1000 on.. I just did the spend $1000 for the Amex Everyday card and ended up buying two annual passes to Universal Studios/Island of Adventure Orlando... I may just buy the new iPad and think about it as a $200 discount.

Anyway, I'm excited!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Stoked yet shocked! Citi Double Cash $200 bonus on a PC card!

Congrats on getting the offer!

Message 2 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I just had my CDP card PC to Double Cash too. Thanks for posting. Gonna call them tomorrow and see about trying to secure that offer.

Message 3 of 9
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!Smiley Wink

What number did you call??

Message 4 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

(855) 744-8682 is the number I called.
Message 6 of 9
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
(855) 744-8682 is the number I called.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 9
NobodyImportant
Established Member

I tried this earlier (with the Apple Pay CS number, which you posted) and had no luck; I was told to contact the number on the back of my card.

I also got a nastygram, not unlike the one another poster reported, after sending my 8th message. I got the same "this matter is over, if you have any more questions you can call" another poster reported. The CSR was nice enough to include the international collect call CS number so I'll be calling that later using one of those shady collect call places with high rates. I'm not stopping until I either get the offer or they close my account.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NobodyImportant wrote:

I tried this earlier (with the Apple Pay CS number, which you posted) and had no luck; I was told to contact the number on the back of my card.

I also got a nastygram, not unlike the one another poster reported, after sending my 8th message. I got the same "this matter is over, if you have any more questions you can call" another poster reported. The CSR was nice enough to include the international collect call CS number so I'll be calling that later using one of those shady collect call places with high rates. I'm not stopping until I either get the offer or they close my account.

Do it!!!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.