Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store card application Help !!

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Store card application Help !!

+3 on walmart.. 

i went from 800 to 3k in 3 months. but my scores are a little higher but anything is possible. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 11 of 21
Jutz
Valued Contributor

When did you CLI request out of curiosity, after the 3rd statement, i.e. roughly 4 months total?  Was it the auto CLI request, or analyst reviewed?

@creditnocash wrote:

+3 on walmart.. 

i went from 800 to 3k in 3 months. but my scores are a little higher but anything is possible. 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 12 of 21
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

When did you CLI request out of curiosity, after the 3rd statement, i.e. roughly 4 months total?  Was it the auto CLI request, or analyst reviewed?

@creditnocash wrote:

+3 on walmart.. 

i have no statement to date. 

might get one this month. seven dollar charge a couple days ago that hasnt posted but i already sent the payment so idk. 

applied july 28th (according to inq) cli was asked for i believe the first of oct.

i did that cli on the phone and was denied by the system and then talked to a person (not underwiting) on how i wanted to buy a couple tvs and 800 would not do me justice. (which is true) 

i asked for 3k not wanting to go above my highest limit. and said she would forward it to uw and i would get a letter in 7-10 days. next day logged in and the cli was in my account. 

it was a soft pull. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 13 of 21
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

@ jutz... yes every 4 months.. the first one went thru online, but subseuquent have been automated phone system requests...

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 14 of 21
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I would suggest not getting the jewelry store card. You don't need it.

Stick with your plan.

I thought you were going to wait until early December for the AMEX?

Every month matters when your AAoA is only 3 months.

Were you able to get your scores yet?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 15 of 21
pat0812
Regular Contributor

i didn't get my scores yet. i guess next month when i will have 6 months reported on my report

i joined DCU and I'm also waiting to get an equifax score from them and my free walmart score doesn't work at the moment as well

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 16 of 21
jamie123
Valued Contributor

You just need to give it some time. Don't apply for anything until early December. Then, you could roll the dice and apply for an AMEX Green Charge depending on how your scores look. You will still have a really thin file at that point but it might be worth a try. If AMEX denies you, or even if they approve you, I would then try applying for a Chase Freedom or a Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards card.

Then into the garden you go for a year!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 17 of 21
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:

Hello

I just started my credit history 5 months ago and right now i have

1) $300 WELLS FARGO SECURED

2) $400 WALMART STORE CARD

3) $500 CAPITAL ONE UNSECURED

Next month i'm going for a charge card with AMEX

Now i have a question 

My friend works in Littman Jewelers and they just came out with their new store cards operated by TD Card services. She told me that a lot of people that don't have a good credit or short credit history are getting straight away 1000-2000 credit limit on their card.

I don't know if that is true or not but i was wondering something

Let's say I apply and i get $1500 CL. Is that a good move for my credit ? Because right now my highest limit is $500

Will that look good on my report? Will that help me to get higher limits from know on ? Or store card and credit card are not the same value of importance ?

Because i know that some credit card companies match you the same limits than your highest limit you have

Please give me some advice, i would like to give this a try, but would like some advice first

I'd go for the Amex Green over the store card.  

In general, I believe store cards are absoultly worthless.  But that's not why I say go for the Amex and instead of the store card. 

From what I understand, Amex green one of the easiest to get and when you have 6 months of history you'll have a FICO and the Amex is within reach.

Message 18 of 21
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't apply for the jewelry store card. How will it benefit you? You don't really need it.

I'd also avoid Chase at the moment considering how young your credit is. Chase likes to see at least one year of revolving history. I'd also avoid AMEX right now as well. I'd go for something simple like Discover More or Discover IT for this stage of your credit file. If not, garden until your credit history hits one year. Your Walmart card will grow with you and hopefully into a Discover upgrade in the near future.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 19 of 21
distantarray
Established Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I wouldn't apply for the jewelry store card. How will it benefit you? You don't really need it.

I'd also avoid Chase at the moment considering how young your credit is. Chase likes to see at least one year of revolving history. I'd also avoid AMEX right now as well. I'd go for something simple like Discover More or Discover IT for this stage of your credit file. If not, garden until your credit history hits one year. Your Walmart card will grow with you and hopefully into a Discover upgrade in the near future.

^ this I would avoid Amex and Chase til after one year, I had Amex yell at a friend of mine saying AMEX IS NOT A STARTER CARD. Since she tried to apply over the phone with 7 months of good history. They're going to have a hard time approving someone who doesn't even have a $1000 limit to a NPSL card imo.

Also Maiden Kays Jeweler car isn't bad, cause they're sterling / Jared / Kays / Marks and Morgans etc. It's easier to keep alive than other cards, where you actually have to spend stupid money to keep alive... =x

Buy a gift card on the website $100 kays gift card then go to the store and pay off the gift card balance with the gift card = Not even a penny wasted =x   with keeping alive crap cards like Cap1 platinum I would have to sacrifice some points I could've got towards good cards =) 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.