Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store cards & limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store cards & limits

Does west elm typically give high limits? My score is not horrible or great, I have a 668 Fico. I was a little surprised when I just apped for a west elm store card and got a 4k limit. I actually wondered if it was a mistake? I have other cards w comenity no where near 4k: VS 1300, express 1k, and last week a z gallerie w a 1500 limit. My other question, I apped for walmart and target and was approved for 900 and 200, at what point can I try cli? I know walmart is good with increases, I'm just not sure how long before I can request. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Store cards & limits

I can only give advise on walmart.  I would try for an increase every 4 mos.  Ive heard of victoria secret but ive never heard of the others you mentioned cant help you there.  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 4
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Old Navy issued my DF their Visa and have Auto-CLI'd her from $700 to $5k in under 1 year, if I recall correctly.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does west elm typically give high limits? My score is not horrible or great, I have a 668 Fico. I was a little surprised when I just apped for a west elm store card and got a 4k limit. I actually wondered if it was a mistake? I have other cards w comenity no where near 4k: VS 1300, express 1k, and last week a z gallerie w a 1500 limit. My other question, I apped for walmart and target and was approved for 900 and 200, at what point can I try cli? I know walmart is good with increases, I'm just not sure how long before I can request. Thanks in advance.

My guess is that West Elm limit is combination of 2 things.    West Elm sells furniture and household items so they want you to have limits to purchase these types of items and you have established good credit history with Comenity.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.