Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store cards and Citi credit card approval prospects

tag
whirlaway
Established Member

Store cards and Citi credit card approval prospects

Hi folks,

Recently, I signed up for a store card to finance the purchase of an oven.  It is a card issued by Wells Fargo and can be used only in that store.   It is not Visa/MC/AmEx etc.    My latest credit card (MCP) is 3 months old.   I am a bit concerned if this new charge card can hinder my upcoming Citi card applications in any way.   I am planning on getting the Rewards+ sometime in November, and the Premier sometime towards mid-2024.

What do the pundits here think?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Store cards and Citi credit card approval prospects

@whirlaway wrote:

Hi folks,

Recently, I signed up for a store card to finance the purchase of an oven.  It is a card issued by Wells Fargo and can be used only in that store.   It is not Visa/MC/AmEx etc.    My latest credit card (MCP) is 3 months old.   I am a bit concerned if this new charge card can hinder my upcoming Citi card applications in any way.   I am planning on getting the Rewards+ sometime in November, and the Premier sometime towards mid-2024.

What do the pundits here think?  

Thanks!

I'm not a pundit.

I think if you manage it well, it won't interfere with your November credit card application, and may even enhance your ability to get a new card.  Just be sure to keep the utilization low, 28% or less.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.