Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Capital One Sequence

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange Capital One Sequence

In Oct 2015, I opened a Capital One Platinum to rebuild my credit after destroying it. Last year, I product changed it into the Quicksilver with no AF. My QS magnitive stripe was damaged last month, so I ordered a replacement. Capital One sent me a Capital One Platinum with the same number. I called them and they will send a QS replacement. Once again, they sent another Capital One Platinum. They did however, added the 1.5% cash back to the Platinum card on my online account.

Today, I called them again. They told me I never had the Quicksilver even though I am holding one in my hand. They offered me a product change to the VentureOne. I accepted since I do use Hotels.com once a month. The 10X on Hotels.com will come in handy. Otherwise, it will be sock drawer.

Anyone had this happen to them?

cap one.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Strange Capital One Sequence

Capital One likes to play by their own rules.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Medic981 wrote:

Haha yeah. I had to close my QS1 because they refused to PC to a no AF card last month. 

Message 3 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

Haha yeah. I had to close my QS1 because they refused to PC to a no AF card last month. 

I did the same for the same reason in September.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Technically they’re just making your platinum have QuickSilver benefits. If you were still getting the cash back, I would have just gone online and ordered a new card design. I do that to have a backup card around anyway in case something ever happens to mine.

It’s quite probable that their system shows it as a Platinum still when a CSR looks. Everything says my QS is a Platinum except the website. Even the app says it’s a Platinum and so do all my statements (I just checked). 

Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Medic981 wrote:

Yes, this ^^^^   My only experinece with Cap1 started with a Platinum rewards that they changed to a QS1.  From there my profile shot upward and I put spend on it monthly, and paid monthly, etc.  But after a couple of years, I kept seeing people being PC'd for nothing to a regular QS.  It didn't seem to matter what type of profile they had or not.  That was frustrating for me because they wouldn't budge and would always say the "system" isn't offering a the PC.  Eventually, I gave up and closed the card. And from there, life went on. Smiley LOL

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Technically they’re just making your platinum have QuickSilver benefits. If you were still getting the cash back, I would have just gone online and ordered a new card design. I do that to have a backup card around anyway in case something ever happens to mine.

It’s quite probable that their system shows it as a Platinum still when a CSR looks. Everything says my QS is a Platinum except the website. Even the app says it’s a Platinum and so do all my statements (I just checked). 

My app and website showed it as Quicksilver until last month when I ordered the replacement. After the replacement, both the app and website changed to Platinum with no cashback. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.