Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange charge on Citi ATT Universal CC and dispute question

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Strange charge on Citi ATT Universal CC and dispute question

FIL has a Citi ATT Universal CC. He noticed a charge from a company called EssentialsGold. He never purchased anything from that company. I googled the phone number and noticed other Citi ATT Universal CC holders also had the same charge. All varied from $150 to $200. Google search of the company also showed a "F" rating by the BBB and numerous other stories of seeing this charge.

I told him to dispute it and others have with success.

Questions: Has anyone else ever experienced this specific charge? Also looked at one mention where Citi told the cardholder that the charge wasn't disputable and to call EssentialGold. There's always inaccuracies on the web. Has anyone ever tried to dispute something and the CCC refused to honor the dispute?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Strange charge on Citi ATT Universal CC and dispute question

Dunno but if you Google it it is all over the internet. I would cancel the Citi card if they didn't uphold the dispute. They have to be aware of this ripoff.
Message 2 of 7
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

I would cancel the card just to be safe from other charges and the pain of having to dispute them.
Message 3 of 7
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I agree with the others.
Message 4 of 7
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

This is obviously some type of security breach and Citi is surely aware of it. No need to over react. Just report the problem and open a charge dispute. Citi will take care of it.
Message 5 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

This has been going on since at least February of this year. Citi should just reject all charges from this merchant.
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks guys. I did tell him to dispute the charges. I'll post back if there's any issues.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.