Strategy for NFCU cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strategy for NFCU cards

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I think @Anonymous or @AverageJoesCredit could better answer your question!

They will stop by when possible.

Good Luck OP!

Thanks for the heads up @M_Smart007    Always love paying it forward and helping other Navy memebers Smiley Happy

That is because you are a good person and a great Community LeaderSmiley Happy

Thanks.  I try.    Be FSR, but i surely don't sugar coat things either Smiley Wink 

Message 21 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 Navy Fed cards Cash Rewards & Amex.   I called last week to the Pre Qual what cards I would be able to get.  I was pre qualified but the Rep did same something about the Max total amount for cards is $80k.   So that's what she told me.  Don't know if it had to do with my income ($100K), scores, DTI...whatever that is what she said.  I'm not here to say that right or wrong I'm just saying that is what the Rep told me if I got the 3rd card my overall exposure with Navy won't exceed $80K

The CSR is absolutely correct, 80k max across 3 cards. Your high income may help achieve it eventually. 

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does 80k include autos? If so then I'm screwed with navy, I just got a 60k auto loan with them, hope 80k is just card exposure and not combined 

Message 23 of 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does 80k include autos? If so then I'm screwed with navy, I just got a 60k auto loan with them, hope 80k is just card exposure and not combined 

$80K is on credit cards. There's $15K CLOC max too. Auto loans is a different department.

Message 24 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You are fine. I'd bet if you got a 60k auto youll do just fine with cc's. Though do remember Navy will use that in their overall lending practices. 

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Auto and Mortgage are secured, so they would be seperate from cards which are unsecured.  

*edited*  

I see some others beat me to it Smiley Wink    Awesome community we have here 

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.