Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Card For Bad Credit?...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Card For Bad Credit?...

I have bad credit (563 EQ) and I'm a student. I have been trying to find a student CC, but have had no luck thus far Smiley Sad I have tried Discover and Citi. Any advice on a CC that would accept me?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Re: Student Card For Bad Credit?...

what exactly is making your score so low? collections? credit card charge-offs? student loan defaults? we would need some more information to guide you in the right direction....but, with that score I would say your best bet would be orchard bank or household bank, they are one-in-the-same basically...you could also try HSBC. Those three sites let you fill out some basic info to prequalify for a credit card. It will give you and offer but it may be a secured card, and most have an annual fee. Some other ones i can think of that you may actually want to avoid would be Credit One Bank, First Premier, Rewards 660 (not sure if rewards 660 exists anymore or not..)

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a Credit One bank card in the mail yesterday because I was denied by...well, basically everyone else.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife lucked out and got approved for $5000 CL on a Chase +1 student card. No annual fee, 0% for 6 months, even has a (crappy) rewards program too. Not bad for a 20-year-old's first credit card. For under 600 FICO though, it may be easier to just get a secured card to start out with. Best of luck!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.