Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Credit

Hi guys,

I'm currently an undergraduate and looking to build my credit. The only account I have is my student loan, so I have limited credit history. I've tried applying to the various student cards from Citi and Cap 1 included (Journey), but was denied for both. How can I build credit without being given the chance to? What advice do you have?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: Student Credit

Do you have anyone who can add you as an AU with a good aged CC?

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm currently an undergraduate and looking to build my credit. The only account I have is my student loan, so I have limited credit history. I've tried applying to the various student cards from Citi and Cap 1 included (Journey), but was denied for both. How can I build credit without being given the chance to? What advice do you have?

Thanks

Hi leslie0629 and welcome to myFICO.

Were the cards you were denied for secured or unsecured? If they were unsecured you will probably need to go the secured route. There are many credit gurus here who can advise you on which secured cards might be best for you.

Good luck to you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.