Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success in PC'ing BoA Plat. Plus MC with $59 AF to no-AF Travel Rewards card

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Success in PC'ing BoA Plat. Plus MC with $59 AF to no-AF Travel Rewards card

Hi, some good news to report:  after I read about the recent PC successes that people on the forum were having with PC'ing BoA cards, I figured "why not?", and called BoA, to see if they could PC my Platinum Plus VISA with $59 AF to a non-AF BoA.  To my pleasant surprise, they said that I was eligible to PC to either the Cash Rewards or Travel Rewards card, and that the AF would no longer be featured on those cards.  Since I already have a BoA Cash Rewards card, I asked them if I could PC to the Travel Rewards card, and they said yes, again also with removing the AF!  Smiley Happy  They also said that I should be receiving the new card in 6-10 business days, and gave me a number to call and a customer reference number, if I needed to check the status of the PC process.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Success in PC'ing BoA Plat. Plus MC with $59 AF to no-AF Travel Rewards card

Congrats. I actually just recieved my new cash rewards Visa sig after PCing from a platinum plus MasterCard
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Success in PC'ing BoA Plat. Plus MC with $59 AF to no-AF Travel Rewards card

Congrats!! I love my BOA Cash Rewards card. BOA has been really good to me.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Painless process for sure!

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Painless. But don't expect 6-10 days. BofA is notoriously slow. All the same, their new cards definitely stand out and will be there sometime. Mine took 3 weeks. Good job moving forward in your credit journey!
Message 5 of 20
icyhot
Valued Contributor

For those of you with a BofA CR but no deposit account with BofA, how do you get your rewards? Check in the mail? I had to close my BofA accounts and I just have the card
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 6 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice! just converted my travel rewards to BBR a couple days ago! congrats!

Message 8 of 20
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
For those of you with a BofA CR but no deposit account with BofA, how do you get your rewards? Check in the mail? I had to close my BofA accounts and I just have the card

For my BoA CR card, I just have the rewards provided to me through a statement credit  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:

Either a statement credit or a check.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.