Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success with Chase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success with Chase!

When WaMu was switching over I had asked them about the terms of my card, and was told that there would be no annual fee. I was excited, as the WaMu had a pretty hefty (for me) annual fee, but I didn't want to dump them.

Then today I was checking my account and what did I see? Yep, an annual fee. So I called up the back of the card number and asked about it, told the CSR what I had been told. She basically told me too bad, so sad. Said that there was an AF because it was a certain rewards  card (can't remember which one). I asked her if I could switch out of the awards program and into a different product. No no no, but I could cancel the card and reapply for a new one. Um, NO THANK YOU. And sorry, couldn't do anything about the AF because it had already been posted.

I was a little peeved, then made my way back here to look for the  backdoor number. Am I ever glad I did! Explained to the nice CSR the situation and she was ever so glad to help me out, got me out of my card with the AF and into the Chase Freedom, with the same APR, same account number, credited back the AF, no hassle.

Chase backdoor: 800.945.2004
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
theboy
Valued Member

Re: Success with Chase!

that was good!!!! question i just applied for a cc with wamu online in they said they will be reviewing my app in will have a decision in 30 days does that mean i was denied?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the PC and on ridding yourself of the AF!
Message 3 of 9
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

You mean Chase? WaMu doesn't exist anymore. I've heard of a lot of people get approved when they've received the 30 day message so I wouldn't give up just yet.
Message 4 of 9
theboy
Valued Member

yeah you right chase. yes its still hope!!
Message 5 of 9
voidman
Established Contributor

You should call them and check for application status, my app was approved after 3 days.

-void
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on the PC and on ridding yourself of the AF!

Thanks! I was super excited. And kind of annoyed - I mean, I am so grateful and blessed to have the wealth of knowledge provided by the forums but it irks me that there are other regular folks out there who have NO IDEA and take what they're told at face value. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
 I am so grateful and blessed to have the wealth of knowledge provided by the forums but it irks me that there are other regular folks out there who have NO IDEA and take what they're told at face value. 

Eventually some of these people get fed up and decide to fight back. That's when they, like we did, find their way here. I'm willing to bet that most of us found this site when we finally got fed up!

Message 8 of 9
theboy
Valued Member

what was your fico scores when you got approved?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.