Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful CLI With Amex!!

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Successful CLI With Amex!!

So I opened my Amex Blue Cash a just over 3 months ago...and I decided that I wanted to try my luck with a CLI.  Called in the automated system and my old limit was $9,000 and I requested $15,000...  Amex gave me and instant decision but countered with $14,600! Smiley Very Happy  I took it of course! Smiley Happy  Going to see if I can use my Amex for my down payment when I get my car in a couple months. (Will PIF of course!)

This is my first card with a 5 figure limit! so excited!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

Re: Successful CLI With Amex!!

i love my blue cash great idea if you pif

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 2 of 20
sonson
Regular Contributor

congrats on the CLI!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!  Congratulation JagerBombs89   Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 20
MrShush
Valued Contributor

That's awesome! Did they soft and did you have to talk to anyone?

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the sweet CLI!!!!

I just applied and was approved for the AmEx Blue Cash a week or so ago (2000 CL) I'm wondering is this how most of you AmEx card holders request a CLI (Via the automated system)? I plan on using the card semi-heavy for the first 90 days and PIF each month. I'm also thinking about setting it up on auto pay. I have read the CCC's really take kindly to that (it shows them your confidence with you finances).

If it's allowed, could you post the phone # to the automated system you called, so when the time comes I'll have it. If it's not allowed (I apologize for not knowing this) could you point me in the right direction as to where I can find the number, I don't assume it's the number on the back of the card or is it?

Thanks in advance and congratulations again!!

Message 6 of 20
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If it's allowed, could you post the phone # to the automated system you called, so when the time comes I'll have it. If it's not allowed (I apologize for not knowing this) could you point me in the right direction as to where I can find the number, I don't assume it's the number on the back of the card or is it?

The number on the back of the card or on the website.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The number on the back of the card or on the website.

Thank you kindly sir Smiley Happy I look foward to the 90 days passing and trying my luck!

Message 8 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats.  Just a couple of more days before my statement generates and I'll be requesting a CLI too.

Message 9 of 20
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

That's awesome! Did they soft and did you have to talk to anyone?

So far I am not seeing a hard pull (thankfully!) and am not seeing any softs anywhere from the 8th until now.  Maybe they softed a different report?  And the decision was instant so I didn't have to talk to anyone. Smiley Happy  My current utilization is at 2% and i have no other debt reported on my report. (My mortgage refinance just showed up on EQ, waiting on TU and EX to update lol)

As far as the number I called, I just went on the Amex website and clicked "Contact Us"  I believe it was the first number listed.  You just enter your account number, PIN number, and after the brief account summary, state "Credit Increase" and it will bring you through the "how much do you currently want?  What is your current income."

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.