Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful CLI With Amex!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successful CLI With Amex!!

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

As far as the number I called, I just went on the Amex website and clicked "Contact Us"  I believe it was the first number listed.  You just enter your account number, PIN number, and after the brief account summary, state "Credit Increase" and it will bring you through the "how much do you currently want?  What is your current income."

Thank you for this info, it will be helpful in about 90 days when I call and request a CLI.

Message 11 of 20
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I called Amex yesterday about my TE Costco card to see about a CLI.  I spoke to a CSR and asked him if it was a soft or hard pull.  He said it could be either and would not know until after it was submitted.  I declined to do it as I'm in escrow on a house and don't wanna mess that up.  Has anyone ever had a HP from them for a CLI?  My current limit is 6k and I'd like to bump it to 12k-15k.  Have had the card since early March.  Scores are tight in the 770-790 range.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jefftca925 wrote:

I called Amex yesterday about my TE Costco card to see about a CLI.  I spoke to a CSR and asked him if it was a soft or hard pull.  He said it could be either and would not know until after it was submitted.  I declined to do it as I'm in escrow on a house and don't wanna mess that up.  Has anyone ever had a HP from them for a CLI?  My current limit is 6k and I'd like to bump it to 12k-15k.  Have had the card since early March.  Scores are tight in the 770-790 range.

I called last Monday for a CLI, I started out with the automated system and when it asked for my income, I hit the wrong button (was using my Droid X) I think I hit the star button and it transferred me to a rep, which asked me the same questions the automated system did and asked what CL did I want (was 2000) I asked for 3X my current CL (up to 6000 total CL) put me on hold for no more than 4 seconds and came back and said Congratulations, you've been approved.

No hard pull for me, don't think they even did a soft, I mean she only had me on hold for 4 seconds, what could she have done other than click a button on her computer and it said "yes eligible" or something like that. YMMV.

Best of Luck.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jefftca925 wrote:

For what it's worth, I just upped my CL on my Costco TE from $6k to $12k by using the CLI button on the "recent activity" page, and it seemed to work without hard inquiry.

Message 14 of 20
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jefftca925 wrote:

For what it's worth, I just upped my CL on my Costco TE from $6k to $12k by using the CLI button on the "recent activity" page, and it seemed to work without hard inquiry.

I've never seen a CLI button anywhere on the website.  Does this show up after a period of time?

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jefftca925 wrote:
I've never seen a CLI button anywhere on the website.  Does this show up after a period of time?

Maybe. It's sometimes there, it sometimes isn't. You can use it roughly every 6 months, but it will also show up when you cannot use it - or not. I have no idea what Amex's criteria for showing the button are. If it's there, it's directly above the "Dispute/Inquire about account activity" button.

One of my colleagues has a rather new Costco TE (~4 months old), and he didn't have the "Increase your credit limit" button on his "recent activity" page, either. He called in and upped his limit from $2k to $5k last week.

Message 16 of 20
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

got a CLI ----- from 1500 to 2500 just now after recon. Smiley Happy

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 17 of 20
8benji
Valued Member

Congrats on the CLI!!

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 20
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Congrats JagerBomb99! 

Mustang, you can call and request a CLI after 60 days.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 20
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Is it 60 days from activation or from approval? I got approved for the Clear card on April 11th and activated it on the 19th.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.