cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful re-opening of my Macy's & Blooms cards!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Successful re-opening of my Macy's & Blooms cards!

OK, so on 01/13/19, I decided to close out a few cards and these two were amongst the group closings. I had wanted the Amex versions of these cards, but never could get it, (even going in store to apply),  and kept holding out hoping for an upgrade or merge which never happened either. Smiley Sad

Of course,  a month after I closed them, they started doing upgrades to the Amex version, (grrrrr....always my luck). I thought Id try my luck to get them re-opened in hopes of jumping in on the bandwagon upgrade. On 02/20/19,  I Called and got transfer to U.S. UW/security dept/credit supervisor, and after a HP to EQ, security questions answered, and a text to my phone....both cards re-opened!! Smiley Happy

Everything stayed the same on the accounts..... same account number, open date, history, CL etcc.... Its already updated on my reports. The once closed accounts now show open, and its like it never even happened. 

UW says I just missed the upgrade on my account do to it being closed at the time it was evaluated, (sighs), but that there is supposed to be one more upgrade round later this year, and if is doesn't happen again this year, it will beginning of next year. So, I'll just hold onto these accounts for awhile again, and fingers crossed for an upgrade. 

When you re-open the accounts, they will put a restriction for purchases on your accounts until they send out the new T&C's to you in the mail. The restriction is 6 days from the date they mail the terms, and once you get the terms in the mail, you have to call in to have the restriction removed. They will ask you for info from the letter they sent you to verify you received the letters. Once that happens, account restriction is lifted, and it's business as usual! 

Today, I was able to start making purchases with no issues Smiley Wink

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 10.35.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-01 at 10.36.51 AM.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Streetervillelady
Frequent Contributor

Re: Successful re-opening of my Macy's & Blooms cards!

Congratulations!  

Similarly, I missed an upgrade once.  Thanks to a MyFico story like yours I now have a Nordstrom Visa Signature card with a $15,000.00 SL. You may never know how many people your store will help. 

THANK YOU!

Mad Man Toast.gif

Message 2 of 11
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

DC62A864-381A-40C9-94D1-7B5AD54A30F6.jpeg

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow, @pizza1. That’s impressive. Congrats to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Great job Pizza!

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats awesome Pizza, i hope you get selected in the next roundSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

RuPaul.gif

Message 7 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

RuPaul.gif

I know...your speechless. I can tell you're happy for me, LOL Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

RuPaul.gif

Will 2019 be the year we go beyond mere Applications and Approvals, adding forums for Closings and Re-Openings?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

RuPaul.gif

Will 2019 be the year we go beyond mere Applications and Approvals, adding forums for Closings and Re-Openings?

idk..maybe

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.