cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successful recon for DH's chase freedom!!!

tag
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Successful recon for DH's chase freedom!!!

I'm in the garden but my DH isn't! Smiley LOL DH got super irritated with Wells Fargo this evening when we realized that WF withheld fed taxes when we cashed in his IRA but then we got a back taxes due bill from the IRS this week for the same amount that WF withheld! DH has a WF cc that's maxed out (12k) and he's been working on paying that down. He's seen how much I've been loving my freedom+csp combo since I'm trying to earn points for a vacay. So he decided that he wanted to get the freedom and start building a relationship with another bank. We applied online - got the 10 day review notice. I immediately had him call the backdoor recon number - he asked for the status, analyst told him that he was declined. Then the analyst asked him questions about his only baddie from 2007 (120+ days late on BR card) and his maxed out WF cc. He explained the BR baddie was from when we moved to Korea to teach English, the bills went to his mom and it didn't get to him until too late. As soon as he got the bills, he paid it all off. She asked him how much he pays a month on his WF cc - he said about $500/mo. She told him to hold on, she was going to try to get him approved. She came back and he was approved for $4k! The entire call took less than 10 minutes.  

His EQ fico score: 715 from Oct 2012 (old score, i know). I had added him as an AU to a few of my CCs to help with his util - brought it down from 95% to 33%. I just want to say that I've learned so much from this forum and we couldn't have done this today without the information we got from here. Thanks so much! It feels good to know that we can work on improving our credit and build a prime cc portfolio while paying down cc debt. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Successful recon for DH's chase freedom!!!

Congrats!  Will your DH be joining you in the garden?

Message 2 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Thanks! I think DH will be unofficially gardening! He doesn't really have a bad app itch though. We'll work on getting him a CSP and possibly an Ink Plus later this year. But priority for both of us is to pay down our CC. Fortunately, they're all on 0% intros for the next year. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 3 of 9
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

I hear you.  My cards are PIFed each month, but I have several SLs and a new auto loan.  I'm working diligently to pay off the SLs that I refer to as dragons, becasue they just keeping dragging on. I'm way ahead of schedule, but just want them gone.  I should be done with them in 2yrs, which will be 5-6 yrds ahead of schedule.  It will feel sooooo goooood!

Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats to DH and youSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Thanks @myjourney!

Gardening since 7/16/14
Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.