cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully able to obtain APR reductions on my 2 Citi DPs!

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Successfully able to obtain APR reductions on my 2 Citi DPs!

Hi, I used the Citi chat feature today, and was able to obtain APR reductions on my go-to rate for purchases on my 2 DPs from 19.24% V to 17.24% V  Smiley Happy  (Very interesting as Citi seems to be more open to reductions over chat vs. over the phone, lol.)  Was j/c, does anyone know when would be a good potential timeframe to try again, to see if they could lower the rates further; for example, should I wait 3-4 months, and then try again over chat at that time?  Thanks!

ETA:  corrected typos

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Successfully able to obtain APR reductions on my 2 Citi DPs!

Congratulations. 

Message 2 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nicely done!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

!Congrats on your successes!! I would say every 4-6 months, but I'm not sure. Call CS. I'm sure others will chime in with a more precise time frame.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! i would do every 60 days if I were you.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! A soft pull, right?

Message 6 of 9
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! A soft pull, right?

Thanks & yes, no hard pull was needed  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@galahad15 wrote:

Hi, I used the Citi chat feature today, and was able to obtain APR reductions on my go-to rate for purchases on my 2 DPs from 19.24% V to 17.24% V  Smiley Happy  (Very interesting as Citi seems to be more open to reductions over chat vs. over the phone, lol.)  Was j/c, does anyone know when would be a good potential timeframe to try again, to see if they could lower the rates further; for example, should I wait 3-4 months, and then try again over chat at that time?  Thanks!

ETA:  corrected typos

Hmmm how long have you had the cards?  What verbage did you use via chat to get the decrease...? 

Im very curious because I would love a decrease in APR. 

Thank you in Advance.

Message 8 of 9
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm how long have you had the cards?  What verbage did you use via chat to get the decrease...? 

Im very curious because I would love a decrease in APR. 

Thank you in Advance.

I got one of the DPs in 12/2014, and the other in 1/2015.  IIRC, I just asked Citi over chat if any of the credit cards with them (as I have 4 total open cards with Citi) were eligible at this time for lower go-to APRs for purchases.  The Citi CSR then mentioned that s/he would check the system to see if I was eligible for any APR reductions, and then s/he told me on each Citi card account what my eligility was.  I didn't qualify for an APR reduction on either my DC or Simplicity, b/c s/he said that DC was already at the lowest rate possible, and Simplicity was under the introductory 21-mo. 0% BT promotion, so it was also ineligible.  However, when s/he checked the 2 DP cards, s/he said I was eligible for the reduction to 17.24%, and then asked me if I wanted to accept the 2 APR reduction offers, to which I happily replied yes. 

Good luck & hope that you are also able to successfully receive APR reductions on your Citi cards as well!  Smiley Happy  I would personally recommend asking them over chat, b/c I had already tried by phone earlier, and the phone request was a no-go, but the chat session worked for me.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.